Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alimap95
Paper Tape
Views: 2,190
Message 1 of 17

ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks

I have a 2 Y.O. y560 and when i play any games or try to install anything it freezes and I have to shut her down by holding power button. I live in Iran and I am not able to use Lenovo customer services. plz help she's driving me INSANE...!!!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,184
Message 2 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks

Hi
I dont know why the y560 has common problem, since i faced this too. Best solution, Reinstalling windows from scratch.
And moreover it wont fix with one format(it would if you are lucky), several formats to get the thing work properly. Though after motherboard replacement, i didn't face it.
First we should go on checking which device is at fault.
Perform a clean boot and then at each boot, enable one device and see if the issue is being faced by you
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
alimap95
Paper Tape
Views: 2,168
Message 3 of 17

are u sure about re-installing windows? i mean i really cant afford to lose my applications and customization...i think it's a hardware problem...but if u confirm it's a windows error...so be it!
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,157
Message 4 of 17

Did you do a clean boot and tried to identify if any device is causing this?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
alimap95
Paper Tape
Views: 2,146
Message 5 of 17

yes, i tried but didn't find out the device causing the problem. as i searched over the lenovo forums i found out it was a VGA related problem. that the graphics card take too much power and etc. but why the HDD stops rotating? by the way i replaced my default HDD with a Toshiba 500GB. **bleep** i'm so fed up with this sh*t.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,140
Message 6 of 17

Could you try the old hdd and see if you face the same issues?
And also, which bios version you have( check in bios)?
And lastly, are the temps of your laptop high? Use CPUID HW monitor to see and post the snip of it.
alimap95
Paper Tape
Views: 2,131
Message 7 of 17

yes i had the problem with the old HDD. this problem was the reason i changed the HDD in the first place. my bios version is: "lenovo 30cn62ww" and here is system temperture...HWM.PNG

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,111
Message 8 of 17

I dont think it's the hdd or the temps(though the temps are high and need to be addressed to if they are on idle)
Nor can i stake your laptop in doing a bios update since if it freezes in between, it would over and out for you.
So best to show up to lenovo since they can advice you better.

Regards
alimap95
Paper Tape
Views: 2,101
Message 9 of 17

come on dude u gotta help me out here. my country is politically unknown and though the lenovo says "world wide customer support" it's world wide except iran!!!! but if u really can't help me more...i appreciate the effort. thank you (i'm gonna leave the question open so that maybe someone comes up with a solution)
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,094
Message 10 of 17

@alimap95 wrote:
come on dude u gotta help me out here. my country is politically unknown and though the lenovo says "world wide customer support" it's world wide except iran!!!! but if u really can't help me more...i appreciate the effort. thank you (i'm gonna leave the question open so that maybe someone comes up with a solution)

Hi
I too wont give up on your problem easily, i will try my best since support in your country is not that good. And i too got a y560 with all these problems
Firstly, i very much suspect this is hd 5730.
Could you use the intel gpu to do all the things you used to do on the ati gpu.
If you dont have intel gpu i.e no switchable graphics, then leave it.
So, now could you power down the machine, unplug the charger and remove battery and then press the power button for 40 seconds and repeat the same until 4 or 5 times and then see if any changes are seen.
And lastly, before updating the bios, did you face this issue?
Since, i faced the issue for the first time too when i updated my bios a year back.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors