cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
alimap95
Paper Tape
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-18-2013
Location: iran
Views: 1,293
Message 11 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks

thanks for not giving up...yeah i suspect that it's a graphics card problem too.
my laptop doesn't have switchable graphics.
and i did what you said and i think it's for emptying the ram so it has no power in it, right?
last but not least i flashed my bios yesterday and the problem still persists.
i'm going to update all drivers now and will let you know what happens.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Posts: 3,304
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
Location: India
Views: 1,289
Message 12 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks


@alimap95 wrote:
thanks for not giving up...yeah i suspect that it's a graphics card problem too.
my laptop doesn't have switchable graphics.
and i did what you said and i think it's for emptying the ram so it has no power in it, right?
last but not least i flashed my bios yesterday and the problem still persists.
i'm going to update all drivers now and will let you know what happens.

Do post the outcomes once.

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
alimap95
Paper Tape
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-18-2013
Location: iran
Views: 1,276
Message 13 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks

No! it didn't work.
none of the solutions worked.
after emptying the RAM i thought i had it cause i could install a game. but after playing a little bit...freezes again. don't you think it's a RAM problem? i have 4GB of RAM on it by the way
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Posts: 3,304
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
Location: India
Views: 1,270
Message 14 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks


@alimap95 wrote:
No! it didn't work.
none of the solutions worked.
after emptying the RAM i thought i had it cause i could install a game. but after playing a little bit...freezes again. don't you think it's a RAM problem? i have 4GB of RAM on it by the way


It may well could be.
Do you have a raamstick with you to check if it is the ram?
You can also try removing the ram and interchanging there slots and also clean the ram with ear bud.

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
alimap95
Paper Tape
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-18-2013
Location: iran
Views: 1,264
Message 15 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks

i swapped and cleaned the ram-sticks and again no luck. i didn't have any extra RAMs to try them. here is an interesting fact...when i shut it down i give it time to cool down. but if i don't give it time it hangs at start-up. i'm beginning to think it is heat related. as you said the temper was a bit high and the stats i uploaded was in the normal situation of the system!
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Posts: 3,304
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
Location: India
Views: 1,273
Message 16 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks


@alimap95 wrote:
i swapped and cleaned the ram-sticks and again no luck. i didn't have any extra RAMs to try them. here is an interesting fact...when i shut it down i give it time to cool down. but if i don't give it time it hangs at start-up. i'm beginning to think it is heat related. as you said the temper was a bit high and the stats i uploaded was in the normal situation of the system!

Hi again

Same was faced by me( I am not kidding, its true)

And cleaning the fan could proove good for you, here have a look to the thread below and clean the fan accordingly and monitor the temps and also see if the freeze occurs. I hope your issue get's solved.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y560-overheat-and-shut-down-issue/ta-p/69...

Regards

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
alimap95
Paper Tape
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎03-18-2013
Location: iran
Views: 1,240
Message 17 of 17

Re: ideapad y560 freezes when performing high level tasks

yes...it worked so far... I've been playing for 5 hours straight and no freezing!!! i cleaned the fan with air spray and added silicon to CPU. thank you ishaan. thanks for the help.

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors