Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_alaoi81
What's DOS?
Views: 1,034
Message 1 of 6

ideapad z460 electric sensation

Hi, I have an idea pad Z460 for a week. I feel weak electricity current on the silver metal panel surrounding the keyboard. It doesn't happen when the machine runs on battery but the static electricity gathers again when I plug in the original power adaptor . Is this a problem or what?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 984
Message 2 of 6

Re: ideapad z460 electric sensation

is there any information on your manual?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 981
Message 3 of 6

Re: ideapad z460 electric sensation

It's probably not static electricity. Sounds more like leakage of mains AC voltage into the laptop's ground.

Check the AC wall socket you are plugged into for correct polarity.  It might also be a defective power brick.

[edit] Rather less likely is a grounding defect elsewhere.  Are you in contact with any other metal object - desk perhaps - that might have an electrical defect?  If a desk, or whatever, had stray AC leaking into it, the laptop may be providing the ground path.

Do you feel the same electrical sensation if you plug into an outlet in another location?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Cooode
What's DOS?
Views: 925
Message 4 of 6

weak Electricity in Ideapad z460

Hi, I have an idea pad Z460 today. I feel weak electricity current on the right silver metal panel surrounding the keyboard. It doesn't happen when the machine runs on battery but the static electricity gathers again when I plug in the original power adaptor . Is this a problem or what?

FaizIskandar
What's DOS?
Views: 639
Message 5 of 6

Betreff: ideapad z460 electric sensation

Hi my brother..

How about ur problem??It is solve?

I also have the same prob,anybody can help me????

atulsharma
Paper Tape
Views: 600
Message 6 of 6

Betreff: ideapad z460 electric sensation

its a grounding problem place ur adapter in a properly grounded outlet and this will dissapear.any aluminium brushed laptop will produce current if ungrounded

its absolutel normal

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors