Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 1 (2,074 Views)

ideapad z500 Backlight of the monitor not working anymore

Hi all,

To be honest I`m quite desperate as I am not in my home country where I bought it anymore 12 days ago, and I would hate to wreck the warranty, so I truly hope someone could help me here.

I bought the non touch version of it 12 days ago in Italy, downgraded to win7 and had some crazy issues with the standby, so I removed the Intel power management and all went well.
The only issue that lasted was the occasional flickering of the monitor: it went black randomly for a microsecond like 2 or 3 times a day. Not even everyday. So I thought nothing of it.

Yesterday I played for hours without the slightest issue. Today I turned it down after browsing the Internet on battery and plugged it in. After a few hours I unplugged it and turned it on, there was ni backlight in the monitor.

Turned it off, plugged and it didnt start. Plugged it off and after pressing the power on button a few times it started, without backlight. Without the light, the computer is basically not usable.

So I bought a brand new laptop for a long stay away from home, and it left me in the cold not even two weeks after I bought it...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Top kudoed Authors