ideapad z500 fan always on

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 254
Message 2 of 5

Re: ideapad z500 fan always on

Hi inobosi,

Welcome to the community forums.

The fan will start running once you turn the laptop on. The fan will spin or run depends on how much heat the processor produce. Even in idle mode, the fan is still possible to spin until it regulates the temperature of the processor. There are what do we call the "Thermal Table", it is the speed of the fan depends on the processor's temperature. Is the laptop overheating or produce loud noise? We'd like to know more about it.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

ginobosi
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 3 of 5

sorry I don't speak English use google to translate:

prima non faceva nessun rumore solo con windows 10 ha iniziato, ho poi aperto il pc per mettere un ssd e ho visto che la ventola non è sporca di polvere, anche se chiudo il coperchio la ventola gira e l'alimentatore si scalda è solo fastidioso e visto che ho diversi computer e solo Lenovo mi da questo problemino grazie

before it made no noise only with windows 10 started, I then opened the pc to put an ssd and saw that the fan is not dirty with dust, even if I close the cover the fan turns and the power supply heats up is just annoying and since I have several computers and only Lenovo gives me this little problem thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 231
Message 4 of 5

Use the Lenovo Vantage app which also helps to download the latest available and compatible driver updates for your computer.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081

Since that the issue started to happen after updating to Windows 10, check also the Windows updates by going to Settings > Updates.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ginobosi
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 5 of 5

being quite competemte I have already done all the windows updates and I immediately downloaded lenovo Vantage, but nothing has changed probably it's another problem ....

essendo abbastanza competemte ho già fatto tutti gli aggiornamenti di windows ed ho subito scaricato lenovo Vantage, ma nulla è cambiato probabilmente è un'altro problema....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors