cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mblue
Paper Tape
Views: 4,057
Message 1 of 9

ideapad z510 elan touchpad two finger tap right click is not working in windows 8.1

Hi,

1. My laptop is ideapad z510 and os is windows 8.1
  2. All action and gestures are working in elan touchpad except two finger pad (Right Click)
  3. I searched the forum and found that the synaptic driver can fix this problem, but when I want to install it tell me that this system does not have any synaptic touchpad!
  4. I test both lastest update from Lenovo and Microsoft for touchpad driver, but didn't solve this problem!

Please Help Me :'(

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,018
Message 2 of 9

Re: ideapad z510 elan touchpad two finger tap right click is not working in windows 8.1

Please provide the needed info for the following:

1. What is the specific name of the device in the device manager?

2. Restate the specific feature using the name provided in the mouse properties option. Example: Clicking, two finger.

mblue
Paper Tape
Views: 4,004
Message 3 of 9

Re: ideapad z510 elan touchpad two finger tap right click is not working in windows 8.1

It is now Ok!
I installed Elantech touchpad driver version 11.5.0.9 yesterday, and i saw that it wasn't working at all!
then i rollbacked the driver to older version (11.4.25.1) and it was fixed!
I dont know why this happened!
anyway thx LenBlazer
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,988
Message 4 of 9

@mblue wrote:
It is now Ok!
I installed Elantech touchpad driver version 11.5.0.9 yesterday, and i saw that it wasn't working at all!
anyway thx LenBlazer

I'm glad to hear that you got the problem sorted out.

Cheers.

vinsfc
Paper Tape
Views: 3,965
Message 5 of 9

I had the same issue. Lenovo tech support couldn't figure it out. however I installed below mentioned driver on my windows 8.1. After installing it, restart the system. Go to device manager and right click the touchpad driver and update it again. Restart again and It should work fine.

ASUS Elantech Touchpad Driver 11.5.0.9

mblue
Paper Tape
Views: 3,959
Message 6 of 9

Thank you vinsfc Smiley Wink
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,924
Message 7 of 9

@mblue wrote:
Thank you vinsfc Smiley Wink

So your previous statement "It is now Ok!
anyway thx LenBlazer" is not true at all?

GoodLenovoUser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,253
Message 8 of 9

Two-Finger Tap (Right Click) Not Working on IdeaPad Z510 With Synaptics Clickpad 1.6

The two-finger tap for right-clicking does not work by default on my new IdeaPad Z510.  The solution is to make these two registry tweaks as given here:

http://amittoor.blogspot.com/2013/05/how-to-use-two-fingers-tap-as-right.html

After changing the MultiFingerTapFlags value to 3 and the 2FingerTapAction to 2 and rebooting, the two-finger tap now works.

Since the driver appears to be wonky (currently using version 17.0.8.4) changing other values may reset these to the former values and disable the functionality.  At the moment, it appears that only this manual fix solves the problem.

Hopefully Synaptics or Lenovo will release a new driver to fix this under Windows 8.1 in the future.

Shankha
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,072
Message 9 of 9

Re: Two-Finger Tap (Right Click) Not Working on IdeaPad Z510 With Synaptics Clickpad 1.6

How to Enable TwoFingerTap as Right Click in Lenovo Z510 ...it workd for me. So, i created a video to help others.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors