Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidpuc
Paper Tape
Views: 19,768
Message 1 of 32

ideapad z710 windows 7 wireless

So I bought a new ideapad z710 notebook, installed windows 7 and found out that no matter what I do, I can't make wireless to work.

My Airplane key tells me that my wireless card is turned on:

screen1.jpg

But after installing the drivers from support page:

screen2.jpg

I get this in my devices manager: 

screen3.jpg

When I open my network and sharing options and navigate to adapters I only see bluetooth connection and ethernet connection, no wireless.

When I run Intel diagnostic tool I get this:

screen4.jpg

What should I do?

I'm really dissapointed in buying a really expensive notebook, then installing ALL drivers by hand (only sound was working from the win7 default installation) and now I can't use WiFi, which is a point of mobile devices...

davidpuc
Paper Tape
Views: 19,684
Message 2 of 32

Re: ideapad z710 windows 7 wireless

Anyone, any ideas?

I'm desperate here, don't wanna take it back to the shop before I'm certain it's not the issue with drivers or OS settings.

mgreen
Paper Tape
Views: 19,311
Message 3 of 32

Have you had any luck with this? I just picked up a Z710 and am pretty much ready to ditch windows 8 for 7. My machine has a Intel 7260 wireless adapter, so I was planning on getting the driver from Intel's site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23391&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207...

davidpuc
Paper Tape
Views: 19,308
Message 4 of 32

nope, still doesn't work.

but my wireless already didn't work in preinstalled win8, so if it works for you now, it will prolly work on 7 too.

i'd already take mine back to the store, but i really can't be without a computer (work related), so for now i'm just using cable connection.

mgreen
Paper Tape
Views: 19,304
Message 5 of 32

Oy, that sucks - hope you can get it exchanged at some point!
davidpuc
Paper Tape
Views: 19,300
Message 6 of 32

meh, don't mention it...

i'm really upset about this whole thing (so i try not to think about it while i can still use cable) - so many things depend on having a working computer and the idea of sending it away for two weeks or so for repairs is really bugging me.

you pay a fortune for the **bleep** thing and you'd expect it will work, especially when you hear all the praise of lenovo.

kufeiko
Paper Tape
Views: 19,244
Message 7 of 32

Do you know which driver  exactly is responsible for the hotkeys on Lenovo Z710? I can't find it on the drivers download section.

davidpuc
Paper Tape
Views: 19,226
Message 8 of 32

that would be amazing, coz i literally installed every driver out there to turn my f1-f12 keys to f1-f12, not some fn alternate keys.

EdwinT
Paper Tape
Views: 19,170
Message 9 of 32

How did you manage to get Windows 7 to install?

I've been trying for the past two days to get a fresh install on a new SSD to no avail.

Like yourself, I need it to function ASAP for work and some of the programs I have will not work on Windows 8 or 8.1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

mgreen
Paper Tape
Views: 19,165
Message 10 of 32

I didn't do anything special to get windows 7 working.

I copied all the drivers out of the "Lenovo" protected partition on the oem hard drive onto a usnbdrive. Downloaded the evaluation iso of windows 7 professional. Pulled out the oem hard drrive and swapped in an older drive I had laying around. Installed windows 7. Installed allthe drivers (I think windows rejected one, cant recall which).

Everything seems to be working with this temporary setup, except there is one "unrecognized" usb bus contoller device in the device manager and the airplane mode fn key does not work (other fn keys seem to be fine).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors