cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sundossa
Paper Tape
Views: 5,422
Message 1 of 8

left-side shift, tab, caps lock, t, y, and backspace do not work on my Ideapad y460p

I did not spill any liquids over the laptop, not install any new hardware.

As far as I can tell, these are the only keys that do not work. I can type all these letters perfectly fine from an external USB keybaord (which I am using right now).

Are there any ways to fix this? I've tried uninstalling the internal keyboard, but the computer asks me to restart after every attempt, and after restarting the keyboard is still working.

Any solutions?

Sundossa
Paper Tape
Views: 5,343
Message 2 of 8

Re: left-side shift, tab, caps lock, t, y, and backspace do not work on my Ideapad y460p

Any solutions? This is a very big problem and I haven't found too many threads on it.
docstefano
What's DOS?
Views: 5,223
Message 3 of 8

Re: left-side shift, tab, caps lock, t, y, and backspace do not work on my Ideapad y460p

i have the same issue.

after intensive research on the topic, the only possible reason must be a physical keyboard problem.

maybe raindrops or other liquid on the keyboard?

i will try to disassemble the keyboard and then see if i can anti-corrode the keys.

i keep you posted here on the results

cheers

stefano

roncruise
What's DOS?
Views: 5,137
Message 4 of 8

I got the same problem. Any solutions?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,130
Message 5 of 8

@Sundossa wrote:

I did not spill any liquids over the laptop, not install any new hardware.

As far as I can tell, these are the only keys that do not work. I can type all these letters perfectly fine from an external USB keybaord (which I am using right now).

Are there any ways to fix this? I've tried uninstalling the internal keyboard, but the computer asks me to restart after every attempt, and after restarting the keyboard is still working.

Any solutions?

There is a problem in the placement of the keyboard or some part of the keyboard bezel is protuding and rubbing against the keyboard base.

See the video below to fix it. It is y560 but the method is similar. If you are under warranty then you could ask lenovo service centre to check it as it may void warranty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdGXTo-dpYc

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
ditikrushna
Paper Tape
Views: 4,734
Message 6 of 8

Dear Friends, Is there any final solution of this problem ?Smiley Frustrated

Thinkpad_Userhk
What's DOS?
Views: 4,649
Message 7 of 8

I had exactly the same problem and replaced the keyboard myself for US$19:00. 

You can find how to's by searching Google on your model and buying a replacement keyboard.  All you'll need is a screwdriver but you have to be careful when you prise the cover off and don't turn too tightly or you'll damage the ABS part..

I was loathe to pay labour and expensive parts for a simple job.  Probably affects warranty but I've had mine for around 2 years.

barbiedoll
Paper Tape
Views: 1,310
Message 8 of 8

i have ideapad z580 and My keyboard wont let me type Backspace, Windows, Shift, T, Y, Tab, Num Lock, Capslock keys. i plugged in a external keyboard but the same keys wont work. but i can use the onboard keyboard. It was fine then they all stopped working the same time. its very frustrating. i have not spilled anyhing on it. i cant seem to get any help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors