Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakshi
What's DOS?
Views: 1,632
Message 1 of 5

lenovo 3000 y410 shutdown

i have windows 7 installed and validated in my laptop. my laptop is lenovo  3000 Y410 build,which i bought 2 years ago. Last night it suddenly got shut down while i was working on it for the past half an hour. i thought that it must have been due to the overheating of battery( which is lready a problem with my laptop), but it wasn't. there are no viruses etc as my avg antivirus is completely updated. i restarted it several times and windows gave an option of startup repair which i clicked. but every time my laptop got shut down in the middle of startup only.. it was not allowing the startup repair to run completely. then i allowed it to cool down and again booted it after 1 hour. startup repair restored my settings from the last restore point and loaded windows 7. as soon as i started doing my work, it got shut down again. i haven't touched my laptop ever since. i guess there can be some hardware problem because the operating system loaded correctly. this is the first time it has happened. i don't how all of sudden this happened. i haven't changed the configuration of my laptop or made any hardware changes. i haven't installed any software which could lead to this problem. please help me please.

sakshi
What's DOS?
Views: 1,531
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo 3000 y410 shutdown

please somebody reply...please...
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,523
Message 3 of 5

check windows system logs for errors.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
rajesh23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,502
Message 4 of 5

yaa ur thinking is write.........is that ur laptop is heated ......n check out first ur fan is running or not........how u check it just put ur hands in left when u start the laptop.........u feel ur fan is running or not.....else ur RAM is affected.......check out this also...and most imp is the put ur laptop in ur lap,,,or table.....where below ur laptop there must be a space between surface......else ur laptop heated  n then shuted down.........firstly u must check out ur fan else if processor is affect this is much costly.............plzzz dont ignore ths...i have suffer from all this problem....when i have all ths problem i don know about that n no one tell me wat the actual reason,,,,,,.....if any queries about that laptop......u may mail to me.....

onlinerajesh.kumar1@gmail.com

skrol
Paper Tape
Views: 1,493
Message 5 of 5

I assume that you are running on wall power and not battery.  If not it may be the battery. 

I have had a Y410 for a few years now and have found that the fan / heatsink tend to trap dust and get clogged.  This leads to a sudden thermal shut down.  You can get a can of dusting spray to clean it out or if you are really ambitious, you can remove the fan to clean it real good.

Hope this helps

Stan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors