Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licht
Punch Card
Views: 145
Message 1 of 3

lenovo Y580 can't activate windows.

My Y580 black out sometimes ago between 2013~2014, and I send it in for repair under warranty. Lenovo tech changed the motherboard. when it came back, I notice the novo button doesn't work any more. Since I don't use it, I think it is ok and didn't complain.

Recently, my system failed and I can't get it restore with onekey recovery. Then I orderd a set recovery discs from lenovo. But after I recovery the laptop with the recovery discs. I can't activate the windows, it says product key didn't work. activation server block the key. I contacted microsoft, they said the key is a leak key.

So, my question is, how does this leak key get into my computer? Is that come from the motherboard replacement? or come from the recovery discs? If it comes from motherboard replacement, should lenovo help me to fix it without any cost to me, since the replacement was done within the warranty. If it comes from recovery discs. how can I return those discs?

thanks

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 135
Message 2 of 3

Re: lenovo Y580 can't activate windows.

@licht wrote:

My Y580 black out sometimes ago between 2013~2014, and I send it in for repair under warranty. Lenovo tech changed the motherboard. when it came back, I notice the novo button doesn't work any more. Since I don't use it, I think it is ok and didn't complain.

Recently, my system failed and I can't get it restore with onekey recovery. Then I orderd a set recovery discs from lenovo. But after I recovery the laptop with the recovery discs. I can't activate the windows, it says product key didn't work. activation server block the key. I contacted microsoft, they said the key is a leak key.

So, my question is, how does this leak key get into my computer? Is that come from the motherboard replacement? or come from the recovery discs? If it comes from motherboard replacement, should lenovo help me to fix it without any cost to me, since the replacement was done within the warranty. If it comes from recovery discs. how can I return those discs?

thanks

You should contact Lenovo to get the answers for those questions.

licht
Punch Card
Views: 118
Message 3 of 3

Re: lenovo Y580 can't activate windows.

thanks. the problem is they don't work on weekend and their time is EST. Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors