Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xXHDzombieXx
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 258
Message 1 of 2

lenovo ideapad y500 recovery disk can't use

Hello i bought the recovery disks for my lenovo ideapad y500 because i wanted to get it back to normal. I knew i could not use the disks as normal because in my ultra bay i have an extra gt 650 so i wanted to move the recovery disks to a usb. But i dont know how i am able to do it i have 3 recovery disks and i need help. I have a 1000 gb external hard drive but i dont know how to make it work any ideas?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 237
Message 2 of 2

Re: lenovo ideapad y500 recovery disk can't use

Hi,

I've tried to do what you are attempting, as have others.  Never had any luck getting Lenovo media to work after transferring it to a USB device.  It would boot, but couldn't complete the recovery.

My tests were with ThinkPad media.  It's possible that you will succeed with IdeaPad media, but I doubt it Smiley Sad

Your best bet might be an external USB DVD drive.

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors