Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 1 of 9 (1,531 Views)

lenovo ideapad y510p ac adapter battery problems

I have a lenovo ideapad y510p and everything was fine until for I thought I'd do the battery reset in the lenovo energy management,at first the battery was dead and laptop wouldnt turn on,,I found one way around this which is that first I take the battery out and then insert the ac adapter,the laptop turns on then I put it in hibernate while I insert battery after which it seems to charge but only after I do these steps,but if I take the adapter out and insert it back in,it would stop charging.this is all because of the lenovo energy management software battery reset.I've uninstalled it but it doesnt work.any suggestions?I'm guessing one of the steps after full charge during the battery reset the battery gets drained where it says "plugged in and not charging" until it reaches zero is the problem.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 2 of 9 (1,528 Views)

Re: lenovo ideapad y510p ac adapter battery problems

help.JPG

help1.JPG

Guru
Message 3 of 9 (1,500 Views)

You can try a couple of things -

1) Could be that the software program is not letting your battery charge. Can you try to uninstall it, restart the system and test? Then install the Energy Management again from Lenovo Website.

2) I would recommend setting your Energy Management to following options -

BALANCED and Optimized Battery health

(If you are always plugged in, then these 2 options are the best for increasing your battery lifetime)

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 4 of 9 (1,483 Views)

a side note is that apparently when it is charging the charging light doesnt turn on

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 5 of 9 (1,481 Views)

it charges fine once I do the whole ritual of taking out the battery and then plugging in the adapter and turning on the computer and then plugging in the battery.I was reading the battery reset manual and it said that during the process if the computer sleeps or goes into hibernation the process stops.the thing is that first the battery charges and then goes into "plugged in,not charging"mode to recalibrate and then I fell asleep after I woke up ofc the computer wouldnt turn on as the whole battery was drained.I then after that battery only charges once I do the mentioned steps.I have a feeling that the "plugged in,not charging"mode screwed up the firmware or driver .

he battery is fine.a side note is that the battery calibration doesnt work anymore.the battery reset cant control the battery anymore.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 6 of 9 (1,468 Views)

I tried that many times didnt work,I'm sure it has somthing to do with the
firmware that can control the battery in the first place
Guru
Message 7 of 9 (1,458 Views)

Sorry to hear that, I would recommend sending your laptop to Lenovo for repairs.

You can create a case by clicking on Support above and going into Technical support section.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Blue Screen Again
Message 8 of 9 (1,265 Views)

I had the same problem. I got it fixed by calling lenovo care. They first told me to perform one-key-Recovery. When the problem was not resolved, they told that its the issue with motherboard. Since I had 1 year ADP, so they changed my motherboard to a new one for free. And since then I've no problems with charging.

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 9 (265 Views)

Hi. I have same problem!! when battery in laptop and connect ac adapter isnt charge the laptop and not turn on! but when Ac adapter and battery connect only my laptop turn on!! When i want charge my battery, out battery and connect ac adapter and put in place battery until the battery charge!!! when battery 100% charge i havent problem!!

sorry i cant speak english fluently :-)

Top kudoed Authors