Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kalambur
Paper Tape
Views: 726
Message 1 of 5

lenovo quality control problem

Very diasappointed with Lenovo quality control. I just got  a new y560 yesterday, and I experienced a problem with the battery. My AC adapter is working, but when I connect with the Li-ion battery plugged in, the laptop no longer holds the charge. Without the battery, the adapter is powering the laptop fine.

I am working through Lenovo support and sales whom I will call tomorrow for next steps. I am in 2 minds on whether I should cancel this order altogether or agree to a replacement. I have bought 4 laptops so far from HP and Sony, and this is my first Lenovo purchase. Very very disappointed.

pepemosca
Token Ring
Views: 686
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo quality control problem

Get in the line Smiley Sad

Too many people disappointed with Lenovo because of this Y560.
Views: 637
Message 3 of 5

That's why you should get a Thinkpad and not an Ideapad. Smiley Tongue

(sorry, I had to. )

I even looked at the Y560 when I was looking at a new laptop, but from all the reviews I have read the specs are really impresive for the price but I hear the Y series have been really badly made. I would love to get a Z series for my girl if I read better reviews of the poor Ideapads. Smiley Sad

Thinkpad E570,X220,X61,T500,Yoga 700 11"
eycel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 603
Message 4 of 5

To all wondering why this is happening, it is software like I new. It was some rouge setting in windows, please check here for instructions on what to change, read the comments as it explains in full detail what to change(link).

What your suppose to do to fix it in short is Start--> type "device" --> Device Manager --> Battery then from here you nder the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1). Your suppose to do this without the battery in! Hope this helps!
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 585
Message 5 of 5

the solution may not work ( see here )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors