12-11-2013 12:52 AM
Hi! I have a lenovo v570 running windows 7 64bit. This issue appeared 4-5 days ago. Whenever I try to shut down my laptop this things happen:
1. the screen that shows you which apps must be cloesd before the system shuts down appears, but the list is blank. there are no programs listed there.
2. the usual "shutting down..." screen appears for a while
3. screen shuts down, but vents are still on and so are the lights indicating power, wifi and charging.
I cannot get the laptop to enter sleep mode either, same thing happens. dark screen but lights and vets still on.
When i try to enter safe mode and shut it down using safe mode, it gets stuck on the "shutting down screen".
Can anybody help??
PS: The only program i installed theese days was a game downloaded from steam so i don't think this is a virus. I read that this issue was caused for some people by windows not being able to exit properly out of skype but i uninstalled it and the issue persisted.
12-11-2013 02:19 AM
Welcome to Lenovo forums
I think this is related to a BIOS update, you can try the BIOS update in the link below
also follow the instructions below
1. Restart computer.
2. Locate the file 44CN43WW.exe that has been downloaded.
3. Double click the 44CN43WW.exe. For Windows 7, you may run it as administrator by left-clicking on the icon and selecting "Run as administrator".
4. Click "Install".
5. When a window prompt, click "OK".
6. Press Enter to start flashing. During the process, you are advised not to turn off the computer.
7. When the update finishes, the computer will automatically reboot for the changes to take effect.
8. Enter to BIOS menu, load default setting-> save and exit.
9. Please reboot the system again.
02-25-2019 04:34 AM
1) Unplug your computer from power source
2) remove the battery
3) Remove / Unplug the CMOS battery from the motherboard
4) connect the power
5) switch on your computer
6) shut it down
it will shut down normaly without the motherboard battery.
If you are not an IT Technician, you can ask for help to do this.