cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 1,015
Message 21 of 48

Re: lenovo y510p screen upgrade

Laptop can also be connected to anything. I'm not sure what do you mean by that. GPUs used in laptops are the very same chips used in desktop GPUs. Every limitation to what you can connect to a laptop is either artificial or related to limited amount of ports. FYI I have a mobile chipset in my desktop, Socket G2 CPU and SO-DIMMS Smiley Happy And my screen was $309. Of course FHD gaming is awesome, but 1440p is... awesomer Smiley Wink  You don't need 42" to see the difference. Screen size matters depending on the distance between you and the screen. Greater amount of pixels is always better unless you don't have enough power to support it.

EDIT: We're slowly going OT, so if you want to continue this discussion please PM me.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
omaroy
Punch Card
Views: 951
Message 22 of 48

So the only solution is to buy an external monitor?

OR is there some other possiblity?

PLZ REPLY?

cause i need portability every once in a while.

Thanks

Guru
Views: 933
Message 23 of 48

There are few options if you want to look into them -

Recommended - Contact Lenovo and ask them if you can return this laptop for a refund and order a new one with FHD screen.

If Lenovo says No, then try to sell this laptop locally for a decent price (since it is practically new) and buy from Lenovo again.

Not Recommended - Get the screen replaced by a local professional.

Other than these, I can't think of any other solution.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
omaroy
Punch Card
Views: 916
Message 24 of 48

Should i sell it and buy the ASUS N550JV OR N550JK? since i heard they have an awseome screen and decent GPU?

Cause they dont sell the Y510p with the FHD screen in any local shops here.

Or should i just keep it connected to the external monitor?

omaroy
Punch Card
Views: 851
Message 25 of 48

BUMP

omaroy
Punch Card
Views: 834
Message 26 of 48

Hey guys ,i know this is old, but i keep searching this everyday, i am really obsessed with getting a 1080p screen and feel that using my external monitor doesnt make it a laptop anymore , so can anyone give me advice how to stop thinking about it?

Guru
Views: 827
Message 27 of 48

Just dont think about it. Your screen still works. 1366*768 may not be the greatest but it works.

Did you even try any of my suggestions, I just can't think of anything else other than those.

You should have definitely called Lenovo by now to get a replacement or return. I should think that its too late now.

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
omaroy
Punch Card
Views: 823
Message 28 of 48

No i cant cause i bought it from a local shop nearby and they told me they have no refunds and i didnt sell it cause it a seller gave me a very bad price cause its not sold alot here. :0

Guru
Views: 819
Message 29 of 48

Well, sorry to hear that. One person already tried replacing the screen and failed at that. I wouldn't recommend it unless you find a detailed video online or a professional who can do it.

Lenovo still covers all their products under warranty and you can atleast try to contact them. I am not sure if you have any local Lenovo stores there.

Good luck mate.

omaroy
Punch Card
Views: 817
Message 30 of 48

Thanks, well do you a way to make the colors better with better crisp on the 768p screen, i know theres the intel control panel, but do you know a good ratio combination in the intel settings or any way or program of making the colors more vibrant?

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors