Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paker58
Paper Tape
Views: 1,522
Message 1 of 5

lenovo z500 BIOS password problem

Hello! my problem started when i done a bios update installation. I already use a BIOS password. I do it but functions buttons be default and i cant Work with it.Unfortunately, during the update has been damaged password . I gave the computer to the servis but they told me that "they are there they can not remove the BIOS password". is really the only way out of my situation is replacing the entire motherboard and not the only one holding my password? Its a very problem for me but my hdd crash and for now i cant install any operation system.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,481
Message 2 of 5

Re: lenovo z500 BIOS password problem

MB replacement is one option. Another is to have your bios reverse engineered (mod your bios). Reverse engineering is not allowed in the forum but there are other forum which deal with it so just use google to find them if you want.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,479
Message 3 of 5

Welcome to the forum Paker58!

Since laptops are frequently stolen,  discussions related to the clearing or circumventing the BIOS passwords are prohibited by forum rules. Sorry!

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

paker58
Paper Tape
Views: 1,465
Message 4 of 5

Yea i know but i dont ask for info about change password etc. I asking about service who keep my laptop. With this technology time, one option to delete crashed password is new MB ? Rly? Smiley Sad They cant change only cmos memory? Anyone know how price cost in service this service (new MB) to my laptop ? Its warranty time and i must pay but support cant help me.

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,459
Message 5 of 5

The official Lenovo position is that the mainboard will need to be replaced.  If the system has warranty this should cover it under normal circumstance, proof of purchase / ownership may be required.

Thread locked before it strays into forbidden area.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors