Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theuser1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,252
Message 1 of 3

lenovo z51-70 graphic card amd r9 m375 overheating

i had bought the lenovo z-51 70 about a year ago. here are the specs:

5th gen i7 5500u graphics card, amd radeon r9 m375 4gb graphics card, 8 gb ram. 1 tb storage.

when i play games, the laptop overheats as soon as the game starts. i used both HW monitor and speed fan to monitor the temperature.

the HW monitor displayed the following temperatures ( all temperatures in celcius) when gaming 

cpu temperature : 80 degrees to 90 degrees.

graphics card temperatures: 80 degree to max of 97 degree sometimes reaching 100 degrees

overall laptop temperatures: around 35 degress. ( something called z51-00 and z51-01  temperature sensors)

the speed fan displayed the following temp under the same conditions:

cpu temp : 65 to 70 degrees

graphics card temps: 80 degree to max of 97 degree .

all my drivers, bios, software are up to date.(last updated on 3 spetember 2016)

should i stop using the laptop to play games when such heating occurs.? 

will it burn my cpu if i continue to play games? is it safe?

the fans are running at max speed i presume because i can feel hot air coming from the exhaust slits. but i cant find a software to measure the rpm of the fan. speed fan does not detect the fan in the system nor its speed.

what should i do to prevent this over heating from occuring?

should i buy cooling pads or should i add more ram or should i stop playing using graphic intensive applications all together?

minadent
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,042
Message 2 of 3

Re: lenovo z51-70 graphic card amd r9 m375 overheating

I have the same laptop as yours with exactly the same overheating issue. Unfortunately, I haven't find any solution or explanation for it.

warrior_hamed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 812
Message 3 of 3

Re: lenovo z51-70 graphic card amd r9 m375 overheating

i was found a solution , in device manager try to disable and enable your both gpu's (m375 and intel) i think at any startup there is a graphic crash caused over heating , after you faced over heat close your game and do this , i played Gta 5 and Deus ex mankind divided , an fallout 4 with this laptop 30fps on gta v high settings and tempreture of m375 wav 70C at maximum withouth cooling system

Top Kudoed Authors