Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarleyKatz1490
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 1 of 4

lenovo z510 memory upgrade/replacement

Hello I have an older IdeaPad z565 running an AMD Turion II Dual-Core N530 (Caspian) 

I was wondering if there are any CPU that I can buy to replace the current one I have. I've searched a lot with no help or direct answer. I checked the manual for this laptop but it doesn't even list AMD processors it only lists intel. I was wondering if I could put in a Phenom II X940? Or any suggestion on a better CPU that is compatible that will give me a boost in performance I want to be able to run AutoCad. I currently can run AutoCad but it's slow. Already upgraded the ram to 8gb and my hard drive is a Samsung SSD 500Gb. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 207
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo z510 memory upgrade/replacement

Hi MarleyKatz1490!

Welcome to our community forums.

We checked further and unfortunately, there's no available AMD processor for the IdeaPad Z565. You may see the list of the compatible processors using this link (page 73, item 10) https://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's%20guides%20and%20manuals/Z560Z565/Lenovo%2... Let us know if you need further help.

Have a nice day.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MarleyKatz1490
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 3 of 4

Re: lenovo z510 CPU upgrade/replacement

Hello Ashley_Lenovo, 

Thank you for your response but there must be some mistake that there is no AMD processors found for the Lenovo Ideapad z565. If you google the laptop its self there are reviews of my current model with an AMD turion II Dual-Core N530 and even some models you can still buy with AMD processors. After further investigation I noticed that the AMD Phenom II x940 uses 45w which is higher than the 35w from my current Processor which would concern me not being compatible with the motherboard. I found that the AMD Phenom II Dual-Core 3.0Ghz N660 may be a better option. Is there away to get a list of compatible processor for my exact motherboard? I also notice the full name of the laptop is Lenovo Ideapad z565-4311 and my S/N: CB******** if this helps. 

thanks,

Admin note; s/n edited to avoid possible abuse.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 167
Message 4 of 4

Re: lenovo z510 CPU upgrade/replacement

Based on the system information, you may install up to AMD Phenom™ II Triple-Core Mobile processor N830 with triple-core,
integrated DDR3 memory controller, and 1.5MB L2 cache. See reference here: http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/withdrawnbook/lipwbook.pdf?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6. Unfortunately, we do not have the list of compatible AMD but we suggest checking the reseller to ensure that the part itself has been worked with N565. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors