Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c0mputer
Paper Tape
Views: 5,304
Message 1 of 7

lenovo z570( downgrade to 32 bit windows pro from home pre sp1 )wifi problem

hi i have lenovo z570 1 week old ...came with windows 7 home premium sp1 -64 bit and i want it to downgrade to win 7 professional 32 bit

after installing windows 7 professional i am trying to get it connected to wi fi but my driver seems to not working giving me code 10 (the device can not start )

i opened up back of my computer to physically see what do i have inside its a intel wi fi link 1000 bgn adapter .

does works every time i  go back to factory installed 64 bit state but  does not work with windows 7 professional 32 bit edition .

i tried every thing including upgraded drivers old driver versions no luck

i have all installers downloaded from lenovo website and all the other drivers are working fine except wifi

am i installing drivers in  odd sequence or something else

i usualy install chipset >sound >graphics >eathernet >powermanagement> intel matrix >touch pad> camera >card reader

should i change install order ..should i find thirdparty driver application .. or should i give this laptop back to lenovo ..Smiley Happy

i need windows 7 pro 32 bit because its a requirement for my insurance company to install their softwares

buying a laptop from them is way expencive(2699$) the buying from lenovo (950$)...

help me please asap.

archie

please post a link to working driver of z570 i7  or patch to fix 32 bit wi fi connectivity for my model here in this post   

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 5,290
Message 2 of 7

Re: lenovo z570( downgrade to 32 bit windows pro from home pre sp1 )wifi problem

you should've uninstalled drivers before upgrade.
also, you can try to re-install drivers from the link below. make sure you un-installed the current drivers first, restart your computer.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=307140

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
c0mputer
Paper Tape
Views: 5,281
Message 3 of 7

Re: lenovo z570( downgrade to 32 bit windows pro from home pre sp1 )wifi problem

i did . matter of fact i have been formatting whole windows if i can not get the wi fi driver to work ...

i do un install and re install the driver for power management

i need a specific guid lines or sequence  so that my wi fi device property shows resaurces and power management options

right now  when you click device manage it sayd device can not start and it shows first few options  but not the last two

resaurces and powermanagement ...this device is not getting prow some how and windows does not even know wher is this device is located ...if you know what i mean  

c0mputer
Paper Tape
Views: 5,280
Message 4 of 7

btw there are two energy management solution in that download link i am trying with wich one my computer was supplied  the older date one ...but i have not tried with new one should i try new drivers for 1000 from  z370 or z470 instead 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 5,230
Message 5 of 7

can you check if issue persists on linux ( ubuntu )?
( no need to install ubuntu on your system, just use "live cd" method )

and of course, you can try.

by the way, is there any unknown/non-installed device under device manager? 

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
c0mputer
Paper Tape
Views: 5,177
Message 6 of 7

windows 7 professional 32 bit = issue persist

windows 7 professional sp132 bit  = issue persist

linux ubuntu =issue persist

my conclusion : i7 huron river  from lenovo is a waste of time money and resources ...i am still under eula ..sending back to lenovo if they can  not manage to talk to me on technical support and find out a solution for me ..i  give up ...no more Smiley Happy

for other users ..dont expect to buy something latest  if you dont know it is backward compatible a little bit ...some day you  will find you have latest and fastest but you can not even use it for anything that every second person can do it in a 200 $ computer ...

babakgh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,950
Message 7 of 7

This process enables wireless till the next reboot
sudo service network-manager stop
sudo rmmod acer_wmi
sudo modprobe acer_wmi
sudo rfkill unblock all
(Checked that everything was unblocked)
sudo service network-manager start
Now, instead of "Wireless is disabled by the hardware switch" status
in NM, the message will be "wireless is disabled"
Enable wireless from NM
sudo rmmod -f acer_wmi
Wireless networks will be detected and connected