Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron_C
Paper Tape
Views: 362
Message 1 of 2

mess after Windows Update

This machine is a new IdeaPad Y 560 06462MU.

We have encountered a problem upon reboot following August 10 recommended Microsoft updates for W7HP x64. On first reboot the system reported "no bootable partition". A second forced reboot with Ctrl-Alt-Del and F8 force to Safe Mode, produced this message. "Failure configuring Windows Updates. Reverting changes." The system rebooted a third time on its own, produced the same message, then booted into Windows as it was before the run of Windows Update.

I ran a complete CHKDSK which fixed some minor things and reported no bad sectors.

I then ran Windows Update successfully.

This is the second time Windows Update has produced strange results on this machine. About three weeks ago, reboot after Windows Update resulted in a loss of Desktop configuration and some other settings. That time System Restore brought back all settings to pre Windows Update and a second run of Windows Update was successful.

This machine is going about two hours from home with a new university student, before too long and I do not want this happening that far from home.

What could be causing this?

Thanks

Ron Carruthers

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 337
Message 2 of 2

Re: mess after Windows Update

windows updates cause sometimes some unexpected issues.

if you can, perform clean windows installation and check the system before update anything ( with microsoft )

or before performing clean installation, use windows restore to restore your system to date before installing updates, and ignore windows updates.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors