06-22-2011 07:12 PM
I purchased a Lenovo Z570 (067815) model laptop yesterday (22.06.2011 which had Windows 7.0 pre-installed). It has 640 gb hdd of which the C drive had around 550 gb and the D drive had around 30 gb.
The service centre guy at the Vendor's location asked me to the following before starting to use it and installing any new application:
1. To prepare DVDs for the OKR.
2. Make copies of the "Application & Driver" folder from the D drive, both to C drive and to a dvd.
3. Delete partition of D drive
4. Shrink Partition of C drive. This made the C drive around 250 gb from the earlier 550 gb and freed 300 gb which was clubbed with the deleted partition (unallocated) of D drive.
5. Make a new NTFS partition of the free 330 gb.
I had to reboot the laptop after that. Unfortunately, I am not able to do so now and the message "Bootmgr is missing" message is coming. I am also trying to press the OKR key, but that is also not functioning.
Please advise as to what is to be done.
06-23-2011 05:46 AM
07-02-2011 10:12 PM
07-03-2011 07:07 AM
07-06-2011 09:53 AM
07-06-2011 03:06 PM
I am a first time lenovo user and also am using the windows 7 for first time...(was working with xp and vista on my old laptop)..
I got this laptop with d benefits of having switchable graphics and lots omore....
Like others even i had the same problem.. i wanted a small C drive and large D drive so that if my C drive gets corrupted my data remains safe on D drive... as i hav important data which i cannot afford to loose..
Now the problem with me was :
1) I wanted to make separate partitions..so firstly i being unaware of OKR being a windows software (unlikely i had in mind of the norton ghost sort of software) i formatted my C drive as well as my D drive bt i kept my factory default drive and before formatting made 3 dvd's recovery set.
2) Then i created partitions with the windows 7 installation disc and tried running OKR as to my surprise i needed windows 7 installed. so i installed fresh copy of windows 7. And even den i tried OKR but it got me some error saying... " System partition has been restructred "
3) i was unable to install all drivers and had problem of physical dump.
3) Then on i reinstalled the windows 7..but then had a problem of shutting down.i.e my laptop wont shut down instead wud hang while shutting down..
6) With no oder option left i gave it bak to my vendor and paid him to reinstall the factory default windows.
Now i fear of doing any more experiments myself..but need a way out to make one extra partition of big size just for my data safety ..
If possible pls help me out through how can i can create extra partion as my vendor told me that if i wud make more partitions windows wont support it and that the factry windows wud be lost.. and that if i wud install fresh copy of windows i wud not get the advantage of switchable graphics and other components tat wud work in factory default windows.
I am too messed up so would be thankful to help me out...
07-07-2011 03:38 AM
07-07-2011 08:26 AM
Heyy Moderator thanks alot for your reply...
i have no prob if okr doesnt work..but wat is important is that the other components likewise i said before that the switchable graphics and all extra components , the vendor told me tat if i install windows other than that of the lenovo default those components wont be working..i jst fear of it...
And i tried installing the fresh copy of windows with the windows dvd but there occurs a problem of shutting down...tats why m not able to install that windows..it doesnt restart properly...
also if i install new windows would i be able to make small C drive and large D drive ???
07-07-2011 08:43 AM