Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
levononoob
Paper Tape
Views: 1,838
Message 1 of 7

one-hit-theater not working anymore on y450

Hey guys, here's my issue. Everything was working fine yesturday, but this morning when I tried to use the one-hit-theater button to have a nicer, sharper image on a game (my y450 has the nvidia card in it) and it wouldn't work.

I've looked through many posts, and people seem to have similar problems as I do. However, I've followed all the guides provided where some users claim it has solved their issue and I still remain with this problem.

This is exactly as I did in my latest attempt:

1) uninstall ernergy/power management

2) uninstall audio driver

3) uninstall video driver

4) uninstall one-hit-theater driver

5) reinstall 1,2,3,4

everything works fine except for when reinstalling one-hit-theater. I get this message half way through installation:

"Error1316. A network error occured while attempting to read the file C:\drivers\lenovo onekey theater\lenovo onekey theater.msi"

any tips on how to resolve this issue?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,828
Message 2 of 7

Re: one-hit-theater not working anymore on y450

uninstall lenovo power management re-install it but make sure "utility" checked.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
levononoob
Paper Tape
Views: 1,824
Message 3 of 7

there was no option "utility" when I tried. Must I do something to it?

the only message that appeared before the error was "there exists a file with the name ... already, would you... ", to which I clicked "Yes to all".

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,764
Message 4 of 7

you uninstalled lenovo power management, restarted your computer and installed power management again, right?

( there is an option "utility" on the installing process. make sure it's checked. )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
levononoob
Paper Tape
Views: 1,759
Message 5 of 7

I retried that and still nothing. It installs perfectly fine without any message "utility".

Onekey theater still doesn't install with the same error message listed above. I tried calling lenovo canada for a solution but they advised me the same thing as you did and still nothing. And now the dolby digital touch-sensitive button doesnt work. It used to open a dolby screen.

Also, now my sound keys are working but they do not display the volume bar and every touch only raises the volume ever so slightly; I have to leave my finger on it to have any real chance in sound.

edit: I also tried 3 different system restore points. The system restore could not fully restore at any given point.

levononoob
Paper Tape
Views: 1,739
Message 6 of 7

******** F I X E D **********

finally, it was pissing me off. this was my solution to fixing sound/onekey theater:

1) my computer

2) lenovo drive d

3) drivers

4) onekey theater

5) audio

from here, i reinstalled the drivers already provided and it fixed the problem. do not waste your time uninstalling and reinstalling energy management and other drivers as many suggest, it only makes it worse.

ahmui
Paper Tape
Views: 1,668
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

When i press FN and the right/left button, my volume changes, but I no longer have that horizontal volume bar.  How did you fix yours??

Thankss!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors