cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kulfon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 590
Message 1 of 2

"Consider replacing battery", broken charger and low life on battery power on IdeaPad Y530

So... I was trying to search that problem (many of us has troubleshooting with battery) but I think I must write that post.

First: since month I have error from my Windows 7 (64bit, professional edition): Consider replacing battery, bla bla bla... Is that a problem with my drivers or witch 3 years old battery?

Secondly: to that trouble i can add that yesterday my charger has broken... So today i was testing my laptop with other searching some troubles on main board. Tension was not stable until battery was fully charged. Then after 5 minutes (time needs to drop battery level under 60% from 93%) i was again not stable (+/- 1A). So I think it is problem with battery, I'm right?

Last thing: is there any software to format battery for Lenovo Y530? I mean I want to try repair my battery if this is possible. I wanted to format battery from my BIOS but there is any option to do this. Is there any software which allows to format battery manually without BIOS? Or just I must upgrade BIOS? Can I get link to download new version of BIOS?

Thanks for reply Smiley Happy

Ahh I forgot...

Is that important in which order I'm trying to install drivers? I bought computer with Vista later I bought Windows 7 and then was troubles with battery and others... So that is important which driver I install first (I mean: "first you must install that driver then that later this and on the end that one")?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 555
Message 2 of 2

Re: "Consider replacing battery", broken charger and low life on battery power on IdeaPad

See this thread
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Ideapad-Y560-Consider-replacing-your-batter...
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Top Kudoed Authors