cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kulfon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 592
Message 1 of 2

"Consider replacing battery", broken charger and low life on battery power on IdeaPad Y530

So... I was trying to search that problem (many of us has troubleshooting with battery) but I think I must write that post.

First: since month I have error from my Windows 7 (64bit, professional edition): Consider replacing battery, bla bla bla... Is that a problem with my drivers or witch 3 years old battery?

Secondly: to that trouble i can add that yesterday my charger has broken... So today i was testing my laptop with other searching some troubles on main board. Tension was not stable until battery was fully charged. Then after 5 minutes (time needs to drop battery level under 60% from 93%) i was again not stable (+/- 1A). So I think it is problem with battery, I'm right?

Last thing: is there any software to format battery for Lenovo Y530? I mean I want to try repair my battery if this is possible. I wanted to format battery from my BIOS but there is any option to do this. Is there any software which allows to format battery manually without BIOS? Or just I must upgrade BIOS? Can I get link to download new version of BIOS?

Thanks for reply Smiley Happy

Ahh I forgot...

Is that important in which order I'm trying to install drivers? I bought computer with Vista later I bought Windows 7 and then was troubles with battery and others... So that is important which driver I install first (I mean: "first you must install that driver then that later this and on the end that one")?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 557
Message 2 of 2

Re: "Consider replacing battery", broken charger and low life on battery power on IdeaPad

See this thread
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Ideapad-Y560-Consider-replacing-your-batter...
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors