cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 114,627

Question

I have been experiencing some difficulty with my Z560 for a few weeks. It is slow, it freezes, shuts down, and is sometimes not responsive to any keystroks.

It does not respond to CTRL-ALT-DEL to start task manager , requirig me to shut it down manually by holding the power button for 5 seconds. This has been going on for about a month now.

I have done the hardware scan test a few times and today the computer failed the "SMART short self test" as well as the "SMART drive self test". My research tells me that this is a warning that the hard drive is failing.

The Lenovo Hardware test site tells me to contact Lenovo with the following result code: WHD01V01G-7H9W8J.

Where do I send this code? Is this, indeed, a message that my hard drive is beginning to fail ?

Answer

If the result of "SMART short self test" and "SMART drive self test" suggest that the hard drive has indeed failed. Then you may want to do a repair or have a brand new hard disk.

You will first be required to do a back up of all your data while the hard drive can still be accessed.

Once the backup is done, immeadiately contact the Lenovo technical support and they will guide you further.

Contact details of Support in USA. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/feedback/contactsupport.page?

Was this information helpful?

Comments
ammarmarkruf

hello, i just bought my lenovo G400s for about seven weeks, and i had face the same problem on the failure of 'SMART drive self test..where do i send my result code WPE001001-HI9V0E.I live in Malaysia.
how do I fix this poblem?

vivek_lenovo

I purchased Lenovo Y 50-70 59-441908 about 10 months back and recently I observed that during the Lenovo Support Centre (LSC) Scan, it throws Smart Short Shelf Test failed. I contacted Lenovo support with the Log file and they are about to replace the Hard Drive now. I would suggest that who ever are facing this issue, please get the Hard drive replaced irrespective of your Laptop is in warranty or not. If it is not replaced it will collapse at any point of time and that will be a disaster.

rpsabq

THE PROBLEM IS THE TEST NOT THE DRIVE

i have experienced this error since the day i purchased my computer two years ago.  Replaced my hard drive a year ago and got and still get the error to this day.  Nothing has ever gone wrong with my hard drives.   Therefore, the problem is the TEST, not the drive.

combizs

I currently have this problem, but it is NOT just the test.  At any point, if my laptop goes into sleep mode or restarts, it will take me a long time to get it to bootup normally because it fails to find the harddrive again.  I've checked the wiring, it has to be the harddrive issue or something else along those lines, but the test helped prove that there was something wrong with the harddrive.  If your test fails but the laptop works fine, it might just be a matter of time before it will fail, but that's just my opinion.

EMH8

Hello,

I am getting a Result Code: WHD01V01I-WN7WZE Failure on Short SMART Short Self Test SMART Drive Self Test. My H50-55 is Out of Warranty and I don't know where to report the issue to Lenovo.