cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockchick1975
Blue Screen Again
Views: 203
Message 1 of 2

re: Access harddrive data???? How to check if it is corrupted?

Hi all,

I have a dead lenovo y560 with all my data due to graphics module failure. I tried accessing the data using an external esata enclosure, but  cannot  access the drives where I stored my data: maybe due to the rapid drive thing. 

Need help on the following:

1. Is there a way to know if the hard disk is corrupted? If  not, how to retrieve the data?

2. How much is the mainboard? I cannot find my receipt so I can't register the base warranty Smiley Sad 

3. Where do you get the fru part number of the mainboard for ordering?

....Any help will be much appreciated.

brandothedj
Punch Card
Views: 193
Message 2 of 2

Re: re: Access harddrive data???? How to check if it is corrupted?

I am almost certain its the RapidDrive technology in your way...

I had an issue where my OS wasn't booting after installing too many updates and drivers at once. I couldn't get into the OS to split the partitions to reinstall. I tried with the Windows 7 disk, but I couldn't access the partitions, they were still joined. When I tried to reinstall on the joined partition, It gave me an error that it couldn't create a system partition.

So I tried my XP disk and voila! It was able to see both my SSD and HD, split. So I was able to format the SSD and reinstall with the windows 7 disk.

So if I were you, I would try to access the drive from a computer running XP. Maybe something in XP cripples the RapidDrive technology. Or it could be because the driver is made for Win7, so it doesn't load.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors