Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

41 Posts

10-10-2015

India

39 Signins

411 Page Views

• Views: 411
  • Message 1 of 2

repeteadly typing some numbers, suddenly Touchpad gets disabled

2016-10-05, 7:53 AM

hello ,

i am using Z570 ideapad , win7 .

some problems in my laptop happening these days , some time it works fine some time suddenly the touchpad get disabled but the left and right click keys works, i have to use external mouse there after.   sometime if i click on start button it starts typing 000000000.....  or some time 777777777...... endlessly  in the search bar below,  then i press  backspace then it stops typing , sometime  a single press of backspace doesn't do , it starts typing again  so i have to repeatedly press it until the whole numbers gone. it happens any time  ,, but mostly at the starting i mean after boot , if i click on start button first after boot it obviously happen then by pressing backspace its stops , again it happens after some time any where where there is cursor , it can be in notepad if it is open in that time of problem until i press backspace it keep on typing any of the two number .

another problem , if i am watching video on  the kmplayer , suddenly its gets toggling between fullscreen and restored window , like i am pressing enter key repeatedly ,  i have to press the enter key to stable it.

please suggest how  can i get rid of this problem?

Options

12682 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7315 Signins

750875 Page Views

• Views: 750875
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: repeteadly typing some numbers, suddenly Touchpad gets disabled

2016-10-05, 19:39 PM

Hi samanta , 

Greetings. 

To isolate further , you can try booting the laptop from a live rescue image or different Operating System from a different storage midea like a USB drive and check is the keys and touchpad would have the same issue.

Since an external keyboard would work ok , and is the same issue happens on a different boot system them most likely hardware check up and reseating  / repair / replacement is needed.

You may review the hardware manual for the guide otherwise have it checked with your local service center. 

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms