cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkhr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,686
Message 1 of 2

replacing atheros AR9285 wireless Network Adapter with Intel wireless adapter for lenovo z570

Hi,

I want to use WiDi functionality on my intel HD Graphics 3000 processor z570 laptop,  WiDi application requires the intel wireless network adapter. but my laptop got atheros AR9286 wireless Network Adapter.

1.   so is it possible to replace  Atheros Wireless Network adapter with intell wireless network adapter. or 

2.   I wonder if there are any ways of successfully running WiDi functioanality on my laptop.

I'm raising this query because i want to share my laptop screen on my LG Smart TV which supports WiDi screenshare functionality.

i did go through this link https://communities.intel.com/message/300673

plz reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,670
Message 2 of 2

Re: replacing atheros AR9285 wireless Network Adapter with Intel wireless adapter for lenovo z570

@hkhr wrote:

Hi,

I want to use WiDi functionality on my intel HD Graphics 3000 processor z570 laptop,  WiDi application requires the intel wireless network adapter. but my laptop got atheros AR9286 wireless Network Adapter.

1.   so is it possible to replace  Atheros Wireless Network adapter with intell wireless network adapter. or 

2.   I wonder if there are any ways of successfully running WiDi functioanality on my laptop.

I'm raising this query because i want to share my laptop screen on my LG Smart TV which supports WiDi screenshare functionality.

i did go through this link https://communities.intel.com/message/300673

plz reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Refer to the hardware maintenance manual partslist portion to see the allowable replacement of the wifi card. Takenote that you can't just replace the card with the same model number without complying with the indicated fru number. Doing so, will result to a error message at startup. This restriction is popularly called as the whitelist.

An alternative to the desired wireless communication between your TV and your unit is to have ChromeCast. You might want to explore this since this is easier compared to the replacement of the wifi card.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors