Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-23-2008

redmond

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

screen blinks, speaker is off from time to time and sometimes mouse hangs

2008-02-23, 21:48 PM
i bought a y410 on thanksgiving. it has been giving problems since then. i gifted it to someone so till now i was not able to take it back. i got it back now so was wondering if still i can take it back to the lenovo workshop or is there a way to fix this problem.
i have vista on my laptop (it came with vista home, i upgraded it to vista premium)
problem(s);

When I unlock the computer or start it the screen comes then blinks twice and then finally comes back.

During this process sometimes the volume goes away and some times the mouse pointer is hung and it does not move.

Very infrequently the wireless is gone too.

i have tried to get all the latest drivers from the lenovo site. Whenever something goes down and i see it in the device manager it shows the device is working properly. if you run the speaker test it says everything is working correctly and i can see the volume bar going up and down. even if i connect a external speaker this thing does not work.

For mouse hanging if i re-start the computer it comes back up almost everytime but there is no such guarantee for the volume. Same for screen it always blinks no matter what.

What should i do to solve this. i am very frustrated with this product to the verge that i am going to suggest this to social aliases in my company to stay away from lenovo if i do not get this fixed in the next one or two weeks.

any one else seen this and know how to fix this??

thanks for help

Abhi
Options

1 Posts

04-27-2008

Akron, Ohio

3 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Y410 System hangs after unlock.

2008-04-27, 22:38 PM
Hi,

Even I am facing the similar issue since I brought Y410. Whenever I unlock system from sleep mode, Its always hangs and neither keyboard nor mouse works. So I need to restart my laptop everytime. It happened in 90% of cases. I am occasionally lucky to see my laptop recovered from sleep mode.

Please help me. My configuration is Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5450@1.66 Ghz , 2 GB RAM and 120 GB HDD and Windows Vista home Premium edition OS.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jagjit

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms