Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PRASHANT28694
What's DOS?
Views: 447
Message 1 of 3

slow boot+general question

I brought lenovo z580 i7 3rd gen processor laptop.it takes 1 min to boot.its very slow as compared to cheaper dell laptops.why lenovo gives 5400 rpm hdd whereas others give faster 7200 rpm hdd when i spend soo much on laptop? i wanna get rid of one touch backup(use max hdd space)+power dvd and voovoo.all non useful stuff  without getting warranty void. my battery life too woories me .it doesnt run 5 hrs but only 2 on batterys.pls help. i requested mail help and i am not replied from last 3 working days.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 426
Message 2 of 3

Re: slow boot+general question

hi PRASHANT28694,

Regarding your questions:

1. One minute boot-time seems already fast and depending on where you purchase the PC, they usually provide upgrade options. If there's none, you will need to customize it (these are upgradable parts like HDD, Memory, etc)

2. What I would do to speed things up is to perform a clean boot and enable the necessary services and startup items (i.e. Antivirus program, Intel Softwares, etc). Doing this procedure doesn't void the support on these softwares as you just temporarily disabled the iprograms. You can always re-enable them back by reversing the procedure. You can also remove programs via Prgorams & Features under Control Panel.

3. You can remove the One Key Recovery feature to maximize HDD space but it is recommended that you create a restore discs first as you will will not be able to restore the computer in an event of a system crash. To create a recovery discs, check this guide for Windows 7 and this guide for Windows 8.

4. For the battery life, OEM's usually do a battery lifespan test from a 100% charge until the battery drains out. What they do is set the computer to idle & maximum power saving (setting power options to power saver, lower the brightness, etc.) then the recorded minutes from the test would be the maximum battery life. As for the usage, if you play videos, games, music non-stop then getting 2-3hrs battery life is normal. For moderate surfing and spreadsheet documents, you should get up to 3-4 hrs.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
PRASHANT28694
What's DOS?
Views: 383
Message 3 of 3

Re: slow boot+general question

thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors