Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michele2198
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,429
Message 1 of 4

spilled some water on keyboard keys do not work Ideapad Z500

Good morning, 

a few hours ago I accidentally spilled some water on the keyboard of my Lenovo Z500 Touch. The PC was going with battery only, not connected with adapter. I cleaned the water immediately. I turned it off, only turned it on a couple of times to see if everything was ok. Now (about 6 hours from the accident) most keys of the keyboard do not work. I turned the pc upside down, hope it is only some water left within the keys and now I'm waiting that the water dries. 

any other advice?

Thank you

michele2198
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,388
Message 2 of 4

Re: spilled some water on keyboard keys do not work Ideapad Z500

tonight I'll unmount the keyboard and dry it using a hair drier, gently and slowly to not warm it too much. I've read that this does not disrupt the warranty as tha keyboard is a changeable part. 

Any advice?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 13,367
Message 3 of 4

Good day and welcome to the community.

If you don't already have it, you may wish to download your hardware manual:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_z_p_series_hmm_v1.0.pdf

Please note that manual pages 102-110 denote the keyboards as non-CRU (customer replaceable unit).

That said, on manual pages 33-35, you'll see the steps required to remove the keyboard, if you choose to proceed. Take note of the ribbon connector interfaces. They can be delicate, and easily damaged, which may be why the keyboard is non-CRU.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

michele2198
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,358
Message 4 of 4

Thank you. Yesterday I proceeded. I warmed up the unmounted keyboard for about 1 hour with a heating ventilator. the keyboard was at about 40-50° C I think. Then let it all night unmounted to dry, with the keys downface. Today everything works. So I'm VERY happy. 

Just to ask, do you think that I now I lost my warranty? Please note that in the past I also replaced my hard disk with an SSD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors