Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taite
What's DOS?
Views: 3,493
Message 1 of 2

that pesky wifi problem (ideapad z400)

now, i know that everyone and their mom has had wifi problems on these computers, and i'm reading through a ton of threads on the matter. however, i figured i'd make my own since i didn't see my particular device represented. i have an ideapad z400 touch that i purchased back in august, and the wifi worked fine at first, which seems to not be the case with many other people. however, after a while, it began to degrade. i can connect - sometimes, and in certain spots. for instance, at my house, i can usually get wifi on the first floor, and i used to be able to find certain spots in my bedroom that acted as "hotspots," although it's gone downhill recently. sometimes if i reset the wireless adapter, i'll have internet for a hot second and then it's gone again. at school, i can connect in random classrooms but not in the hallways or library. obviously this is less than ideal. i have the intel centrino wireless-n 2230 adapter that's been the source of most of the problems, from what i can tell. what i want to know is, what steps should i take (if any) to try and improve my connection before i get on the phone and fight with customer service? i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer to let it reinstall, but that didn't help.

Former Employee
Views: 3,432
Message 2 of 2

Re: that pesky wifi problem (ideapad z400)

Hi taite,

thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I understand how frustrating this may be and when it come to wireless issues there are a number of factors to look into.

With that being said I wondering if you try out all the suggestion listed from our Hints & tips Page. I understand that it may not be the exact solution you're looking for but i believe it could be help to narrow down what going on.

> http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT070623

> http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT077344

Hope this helps.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors