Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nima2015
Paper Tape
Views: 449
Message 1 of 5

upgrading Lenovo Y5070 BIOS before installing any windows

hi friend i have newly ourchased Lenovo Y5070 laptop. as i checked the BIOS version is 2 & i downloaded the new BIOS (version3) from lenovo. is there any method to install this upgraded BIOS in boot environment without having any windows installed? i mean i first want to ugrade my BIOS & then start to install windows. any help? thanks in advanced
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 439
Message 2 of 5

Re: upgrading Lenovo Y5070 BIOS before installing any windows

@nima2015 wrote:
hi friend i have newly ourchased Lenovo Y5070 laptop. as i checked the BIOS version is 2 & i downloaded the new BIOS (version3) from lenovo. is there any method to install this upgraded BIOS in boot environment without having any windows installed? i mean i first want to ugrade my BIOS & then start to install windows. any help? thanks in advanced

The bios file is windows based and not the Dos-based. So you need windows to be running first.

nima2015
Paper Tape
Views: 423
Message 3 of 5

nor reasonable. isn't there any DOS-based file ?

that's very bad, to be able to upgrade BIOS, first we need to install windows !! very bad & poor support.

other manufacturers are not this way.
nima2015
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 4 of 5

nor reasonable. isn't there any DOS-based file ? that's very bad, to be able to upgrade BIOS, first we need to install windows !! very bad & poor support. other manufacturers are not this way.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 404
Message 5 of 5

@nima2015 wrote:
nor reasonable. isn't there any DOS-based file ? that's very bad, to be able to upgrade BIOS, first we need to install windows !! very bad & poor support. other manufacturers are not this way.

That is what I can get from the description of the file. I'm not in a position to say whether it is a bad idea or not. Whatever is the reason we only have the file and nothing more.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors