Did you mean: 
sushant007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,093
Message 1 of 8

want to change compability to AHCI mode in lenovo z570 ideapad

dear sir.

i have lenovo ideapad z570...

for few days because of software issue...booting issue..i gave my laptop to the service centre..

they help me well and clear the problem.....

but sir they change the SATA  controller:ahci to compability...i dont know wht is compability mens...and is good for my lenovo z570 or ahci..and sir after installing os(windows 7ultimate).....every thing works fine ....but when i install driver of AHCI....IT SAYS ["""""the computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software"""""""" ]......

SIR.pl give me step by step details...and expalin this compability and ahci.....

and i want to install again in ...ahci mode pl help....as soon as possible

thank u!!!!! Smiley Happy

and sir should it possible to upgrade windows 8...in lenovo z570 ideapad..through windows 7ultimate

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 12,044
Message 2 of 8

Re: want to change compability to AHCI mode in lenovo z570 ideapad

Hi Sushant,

Compatible setting is compatible to IDE host controller mode and a must if you want to e.g. install

Windows XP on your machine,

some time ago I temporary installed Win XP on my IdeaPad Y560p and changed it to compatible,

then going back to Win 7 I forgot to change it back to AHCI mode.

I find absolutely no difference in performance and out of laziness left it set in compatible mode.

If your Z570 works fine, just use it as is, but if there is a performance issue with your machine,

it's a different cause and has nothing to do with AHCI / Compatible settings...

http://www.diffen.com/difference/AHCI_vs_IDE

Regarding Win 8, there are still many problems with upgrading to this brand-new Windows version.

I suggest you to just enjoy your Z570 as is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Smiley Wink

Happy computing... Zehn

sushant007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,034
Message 3 of 8

thanks sir ......this helps me a lot ......u keep my mind cool...

but@ than also sir...if i want to install again windows 7ultimate with AHCI setting....then is there any prob...because when i swicth to compablity to AHCI mode...and then restart....it tells 2 option 1:windows auto repair....2: windows starts normally....so when i choose second option or frist...it restart again and again....so i think that i should reinstall windows with AHCI ....so whts ur opinion...and my brother have same version of lenovo laptop z570....and his bios setting shows AHCI MODE in SATA CONTROLLER mode....and works great for him...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 12,018
Message 4 of 8

Sushant, I suggest you to just read all in the link I provided in my last post.

Zehn

sushant007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,982
Message 5 of 8

ok.sir...and thanks a lot for helping me .....

regards,
sushant...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 11,976
Message 6 of 8

You don't have to reinstall Windows 7 to switch to AHCI mode.  You can make a registry change (carefully!), reboot to BIOS, change to AHCI and run your existing Win 7 installation.

Error message occurs after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive

That said, there may be an issue if your drive is Advanced Format and you aren't at SP1.  And as Zehnsteine said, don't fix it if it aint broke...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

sushant007
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,913
Message 7 of 8

thnks a lot sir......as u told to do......to change to AHCI ...AFTER RESTART...IT SAYS STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE...and again when i switch to compabilty it starts normal.and the link u given is good but not good for me....sir can u do a favor can i re install windows 7 .swith to AHCI...i think it will work for me ..and frankly saying tht iam too scared since last 2-3 day .because i given my laptop to service center ...and i purchase on may 2012...so it has been 5-6 months old...lappi.... so i think...they change my hard dive or something..and take out the original one and put duplicate...

regards sushant
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 11,894
Message 8 of 8

@Zehnsteine wrote:

I suggest you to just enjoy your Z570 as is.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Smiley Wink

As Zehn stated, let it be till anything serious happens as your machine is running fine. However, if you are keen on changing sata mode to AHCI, you wil have to install windows on the hdd when the sata mode is set to Ahci. After the install, you will not face any problem.

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors