Options

1 Posts

11-10-2017

US

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

what is the difference between lenovo battery management and lenovo energy management

2017-11-10, 23:15 PM

Hello folks,

My y510p is painfully slow after bootup, highly annoying.  I have tried researching it and see several references to lenovo power management possibly being the issue.  When I look in startup via task manager, I see both lenovo battery management and lenovo energy management.  What is the difference?  Should I have them both?  Can I uninstall one or both, and if so, how?  I do not see them in control panel or elsewhere.

Thanks

Chad

Options

2953 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: what is the difference between lenovo battery management and lenovo energy management

2017-12-12, 15:12 PM

Hello Cchaplin

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Source: LINK

These version are released differently when the OS's changed from Windows 8 to 8.1

The energy management was released earlier. It has basic function from the Windows 7 Power Management.

The Energy Manager was released after the energy management, this was released on 8.1 OS

It has the same basic function as the Energy Management, Only that it has more added features like:

• Screen brightness
  • More interactive interface
  • More Device Monitor like battery capacity and firmware
  • Battery Gauge Reset etc...

Hope this helps.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete