cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanobeast
Punch Card
Views: 1,295
Message 1 of 6

why would some of you prefer 32 bit over 64 bit version?

Just curious, why would some of you prefer 32 bit over 64 bit version?

Ceromus2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,270
Message 2 of 6

Re: why would some of you prefer 32 bit over 64 bit version?

@nanobeast wrote:

Just curious, why would some of you prefer 32 bit over 64 bit version?

Only reason to want 32bit version that I can think of is they have something that will run only on 32bit OS.  I have such a device but when I need it I just use VMWare.

The Windows7 version that I used the key on the bottom of my laptop with was labeled "MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM RTM X64 OEM ENGLISH DVD"  I had to do the activation over the phone though (naturally).

jlederer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,256
Message 3 of 6

Some older games won't work with 64-bit win7 but work ok under 32-bit win7.  You can search win7 compability information on MS website if you want to see lists of games where this is the case.

Ceromus2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,188
Message 4 of 6

@andyP wrote:

Going a little off-topic here! Any chance we could keep this on-topic please; comments and questions regarding the resolution presented by Lenovo.

By all means start a new thread to discuss other themes.

Thanks

Ok.  Resolution too slow.

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,169
Message 5 of 6

Keep in mind that the talk about trying to install Win 7 isn't exactly off topic, its what we are having to go through to be able to use our new laptops until the "fixes" are implemented. I'm not complaining about the resolution...in fact I think Lenovo is doing a good thing...but some can't wait, and didn't buy these laptops to use as a doorstop.

Jim

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,070
Message 6 of 6

nhdiesel wrote:

Keep in mind that the talk about trying to install Win 7 isn't exactly off topic, its what we are having to go through to be able to use our new laptops until the "fixes" are implemented.

Why someone would prefer 32 over 64 was off-topic for the thread that was discussing the resolution itself, so I moved the question and all the responses to a new thread.  If you want to discuss what you would need to do until you get the "fix", start a separate thread for that, and let's keep the resolution thread strictly to the process and procedure for the different options to get the fix.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors