Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balkin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,033
Message 161 of 166

Re: windows 10 upgrade for y40-70 error "Internal Power Error"

I have the same model and drivers as the other guy, z30png.  I am skeptical of trying his solution since he's still getting the error.  Do you know of any other solution?  I'm still getting messages from Microsoft to upgrade, but they're saying that if I don't do it soon that my free upgrade will expire.

mavang
What's DOS?
Views: 917
Message 162 of 166

You use the Easy Driver Pack software version 6.5 to get device for Windows 10 or  all the equipment for the Windows operating system, download at: http://micombank.com/phanmemDetail.aspx?idsw=81

cheju
Fanfold Paper
Views: 572
Message 163 of 166

I have good news on this issue if anyone is still following this topic thread.

I tried the Windows 10 upgrade back when it first was released and got the error on the subject line. The good part of this is Microsoft just released a new version of the Windows 10 Upgrade which must include an update to the video driver causing all the problems. I was "tricked" or possibly mistakenly hit the wrong option on the reminder screen into the upgrade this morning. It downloaded a new version of the Win10 Upgrade and started the install. It was to my suprise a successful upgrade. So far I have not received any error message. I do like Windows 10 so far over Windows 8.1. I would have rather done a backup before hand to settle my nerves but I'm a happy camper now. Knock on wood ..

Gopikrishna_V
What's DOS?
Views: 444
Message 164 of 166

After the release of the 'Radeon Crimson Software with driver' I experience no Internal_Power_Error. This software is nice. Just remove the lenovo drivers using amd cleanup utility and download the universal drivers from the AMD support website and just install. But via windows 10 update Lenovo Drivers are getting re-installed. I avoided it temporarily using Show/Hide Win update software. But lenovo please help us. Stop windows updates from installing your drivers.
peterlavoie
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 165 of 166

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing this problem with my y40-80. I tried following this protocol but the problem is persisting as the BSOD pops up after I wake my laptop from sleep or during a boot up. Has the process changed since the time you posted this?

Lunas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 221
Message 166 of 166

My z51-70 did this error when 10 was first released. Getting the drivers from amd fixed the issue for me. I am not using any lenovo drivers only each manufacturer drivers.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors