Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcrug
Not applicable
Views: 2,286
Message 1 of 11

windows 8.1 problems on Ideapad z580

Hi everyone,

i updated my Ideapad from Windows 8 to 8.1 (with windows store), and after the process i noted a lot of problems:

1) i can't control screen's brightness, loked to the maximal levels (i tried with the normal buttons and also in the control panel, installed the previous version of intel HD graphics and again the new, but nothing)

2) wifi connection (always problematic) does not work anymore at home, but in university yes... (i tried here too reinstalling drivers)

3) the center of the bottom of the notebook gets hot in a few minutes (maybe where is the graphic chip)

4) one key recovery does'n work, so the backup i've done the first day with my computer isn't usable

if anyone can help me...

rcrug
Not applicable
Views: 2,256
Message 2 of 11

Re: windows 8.1 problems on Ideapad z580

i mean, i used an external hdd to save the backup, ut one key didn't save me an iso, but a lot of progressive files (i think binary) so when i try to restore the os in the advanced system configuration, it tells me that there isn't any image. i gust want to get back my pc, and i'm getting crazy with this brightness

Majestic
Not applicable
Views: 2,250
Message 3 of 11

Welcome to the forum !

Lenovo released new drivers for your model and Windows 8.1.  If you haven't install them after the 8.1 upgrade then I would suggest doing so starting with the Chipset driver and then do the Power Management, WiFi, etc.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

rcrug
Not applicable
Views: 2,232
Message 4 of 11

no way... i installed all the drivers and nothing changed. if i get a windows 8 pure cd, may i can restore all the pc? this brightness is killing me

LenBlazer
Not applicable
Views: 2,213
Message 5 of 11

@rcrug wrote:

i mean, i used an external hdd to save the backup, ut one key didn't save me an iso, but a lot of progressive files (i think binary) so when i try to restore the os in the advanced system configuration, it tells me that there isn't any image. i gust want to get back my pc, and i'm getting crazy with this brightness

From your previous post:

"4) one key recovery does'n work, so the backup i've done the first day with my computer isn't usable

if anyone can help me..."

I assume that you use OKR to make the backup. So you don't use advance system configuration to restore the os. You have to use OKR to make the restore.

rcrug
Not applicable
Views: 2,206
Message 6 of 11

In fact I used OKR to try restore my previous os, but when it asks me to reboot in the restoring ambient, the PC just switches of and reload windows.
Meanwhile I discovered that with the secure boot on the brightness settings works, but wifi connecttion keeps not working
LenBlazer
Not applicable
Views: 2,183
Message 7 of 11

@rcrug wrote:
In fact I used OKR to try restore my previous os, but when it asks me to reboot in the restoring ambient, the PC just switches of and reload windows.
Meanwhile I discovered that with the secure boot on the brightness settings works, but wifi connecttion keeps not working

I'm just using your term "advance system configuration" which is coincidentally(?) is a windows operation. Yes you have to press the NOVO button when the unit is off. You should be presented with a menu containing several process with bios setup as being one of them and System Recovery as another. You can also run OKR within windows which I suspect is the one that you use. But it is preferrable if you run OKR using the NOVO button method.

rcrug
Not applicable
Views: 2,098
Message 8 of 11

In this days I've been trying doing what you suggested me, I pressed the NOVO button with the PC turned off, and appeared the NOVO button settings, with bios, boot and restore, but when I press enter on restore, Windows starts normally...
rishab7
Not applicable
Views: 1,955
Message 9 of 11

Try using Fn key to change brightness...
kdr_gkh
Not applicable
Views: 1,479
Message 10 of 11

Hello,

I recently updated my Z580 from windows 8 to 8.1.

Now I am trying to create backup from On Key Recovery. But it says ' This image cannot be used for increamental backup'

Help wth this please.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors