Highlighted
regi
Not applicable
Views: 2,171
Message 1 of 3

windows 8 installation disk

hello to all the community,

my name is enrico,

I own a lenovo z500(no touch) with windows8 x64..

laptop is ok, really ok, but as every laptop,i think , after some years it need a fresh install..

Now, I know that there is a recovery partition for this but unfortunately i delete itSmiley Sad cause I needed more space on my hdd.

I think that in my situation i can only install windows 8 using an installation disk. Am I right?

While buying the laptop(with windows 8) I also bought the os inside, so I think this is legitimate to have the installation media, right?

So I would like to ask you, how can I get an installation disk(iso) for windows 8 x64?

than you, enrico

rockykoston
Not applicable
Views: 2,159
Message 2 of 3

Re: windows 8 installation disk

You need to buy the Windows 8 From Microsoft.

The OS included on laptops nowadays is OEM version, which means it can only be recovered from a recovery disk or partition.

You can try creating a OS disk by downloading the appropriate version of Win 8 but finding the link for that download is very very difficult.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
LenBlazer
Not applicable
Views: 2,150
Message 3 of 3

Re: windows 8 installation disk

@regi wrote:

hello to all the community,

my name is enrico,

I own a lenovo z500(no touch) with windows8 x64..

laptop is ok, really ok, but as every laptop,i think , after some years it need a fresh install..

Now, I know that there is a recovery partition for this but unfortunately i delete itSmiley Sad cause I needed more space on my hdd.

I think that in my situation i can only install windows 8 using an installation disk. Am I right?

While buying the laptop(with windows 8) I also bought the os inside, so I think this is legitimate to have the installation media, right?

So I would like to ask you, how can I get an installation disk(iso) for windows 8 x64?

than you, enrico

AFAIK there are no more Win 8 on sale, only Win 8.1. Download Windows 8.1 installer free (not the pro version) using the media creation tool (which you can download here) to install it in a pendrive or dvd. Use the pendrive or dvd to install the os. The installer will autodetect the product key which is embedded in the bios.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors