Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willy2011
Paper Tape
Views: 3,717
Message 1 of 117

workaround for y460p/y560p sound stutter

Short summary: if you are using Windows 7 x64 with Lenovo's drivers, remove the battery from the y460p laptop to avoid sound stutter.

Before the laptop (y460p) was sent back to Lenovo for motherboard replacement as part of the Sandy Bridge recall, it played music without stuttering.  The current motherboard, with its updated chipset ("Intel HM65 Rev 05") and BIOS (3FCN19WW, 02/11/2011), is associated with sound stuttering under Windows 7 x64 approximately every 64 seconds.  This is shown in the following screenshot:

The red DPC latency spikes go away when I removed the battery from the laptop.  While this eliminates the DPC latency problems, the laptop is no longer portable without its battery.  Is there an updated BIOS for the y460p that would resolve the DPC latency with the battery in the laptop?

Curiously, when I ran a linux live cd (such as Fedora) on this laptop, there was no sound stutter with the battery in the laptop.

subject edited. 

Former Employee
Views: 3,629
Message 2 of 117

Re: workaround for y460p sound stutter

hey willy2011,

could you uninstall the current audio driver that you have installed and let Win7 install generic audio drivers.

with that done, do you still have sound stutter ?

Once done, go to >>

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=288288

download the latest audio driver for your system, install it and test again.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
willy2011
Paper Tape
Views: 3,608
Message 3 of 117

The sound stutter still exists, only when the battery is physically connected to the laptop, with Windows 7 generic audio drivers, the audio driver provided on the Lenovo Support website, and the latest audio driver on Realtek's website.  The same problem exists when I had previously restored the factory settings with the Onekey rescue option.

Former Employee
Views: 3,566
Message 4 of 117

so without the battery and laptop is connected with a power supply, there is no stutter?

if that's the case, i suggest calling tech support

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/us/en/

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

petar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,500
Message 5 of 117

Hello I hust bought Y560p. Spec is this:

http://www.pcpractic.rs/proizvodi/laptop/6593-lenovo-ideapad-y560p-59070294

&
I have same problem with the Native Instruments (ASIO drivers) USB sound card. Tryed everything that N.I. told me (after asking them for help), and everything with setup & drivers from Lenovo). NO CHANGES.

The ONLY thing that helps is to take off the BATT. Btw, i had another problem with the sound (some frequences were commnig out) until i ISOLATE ground connection on the AC power cable (to the adapter). So it worked ok (withoud bad sounds-frquences) without GND connection .....

I never saw that kind of problem & I would like to salve it because I paid alot od money for the newest laptop tecnology (after my old Lenovo with i3-370 , that one worked just fine) and it is working worse than the old one.

Thank's for for Your attention and time.

Petar

Here are the pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/112520186440295113149/May312011?authkey=Gv1sRgCJGLwff21JunngE

Former Employee
Views: 3,495
Message 6 of 117

hey petar,

i suggest contactin tech support.

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/xe/en/index_cs.html

WW Social Media

nikpmr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,371
Message 7 of 117

Was this ever fixed?

Pvfreitas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,333
Message 8 of 117

I am having this problem too on my Y460P. No one knows yet how to solve?The laptop looked very good so far .. I would not disappoint me with such a problem in my first Lenovo ..

divide0
What's DOS?
Views: 3,255
Message 9 of 117

I hope they fix this soon. It is a sad state of affairs when a new laptop cannot play a mp3 through Windows Media Player  or Pandora without pops and clicks.

XrisS
Paper Tape
Views: 3,242
Message 10 of 117

Hi, I'm from the philippines, I recently bought my y460p, and from day 1 I've been experiencing sound stutter. Sound seems to hang for .50-2 secs for every .50-3 minutes whenever my laptop is connected to wifi. I tried live chat support and they advised mo to update my drivers. I followed and tried uninstalling, installing drivers for wireless card and sound card but to no avail. The problems does not happen when I'm not connected to wifi.

Today I'm going to take it back to lenovo and try to avail a 7 days replacement warranty.

Wish me luck guys.

Thanks, 

XrisS

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors