Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msuscorpio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,593
Message 21 of 117

Re: SOLVED_Y460p/Y560p Sound drop out once every 65 sec

I am happy to report that with the generous help of Zhen providing me with the bios version mentioned above, that I am no longer experiencing the audio stuttering issue when using my usb sound card.  Thanks again to Zhen, he went well above what a normal forum member would do to help out a peer.  Now I feel it is time for the Lenovo engineers to get off of their ASSES and FIX an issue that is obviously present in a lot of machines!!!!!!!!  Lets face facts, although this has fixed my issue, it is still a DOWNGRADE from the current bios version shipped with the machine. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!  Fortunately, Zhen has expressed that he hasn't seen any further issues form using the older bios version, and he might not.  I just preformed the flash so I have only had time to test the audio issue so far.  BUT, Lenovo went from the 17 version to the 19 version for a reason right?  So there has to be something.  In any event, I can finally use this laptop for the purpose I bought it for without a hitch, so for now, I am happy.  Thanks again to Zhen!

P.S. Its my turn to pay it forward.  So if there is anybody out there that is experiencing this issue, PM me with your email address and I will send you the bios revision 3FCN17WW64.   At least that way you wont have to waste hours of your life on the phone with tech support doing remedial troubleshooting just to hear you have a bad battery (BS).  I can't say that I will frequent this board, unless I am having other issues, but a PM sends me an email so I know I have one and will reply as soon as I can

Stay thirsty my friends!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,579
Message 22 of 117

Smiley Wink   I'm happy that I could help...  Zehn

LenovoGeek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,556
Message 23 of 117

With the help of msuscorpio I solved my problem of audio stuttering in my Lenovo y460p, thanks msuscorpio for providing BIOS, it is good that members of this community share information, but this is not the proper way to solve the problem, Lenovo is responsible for sold computers with defects and therefore It should release a definitive solution for this, I expect that Lenovo take note of this and start once and for all to develop a fix for this problem!!!. 

nishyman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,381
Message 24 of 117

I have successfully solved this sound stutter as well! Smiley Happy Thank the freakin lord. 

diazman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,359
Message 25 of 117

hi sir. could you provide me the bios link to update my y460p sound stuttering issues. Many thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,352
Message 26 of 117

Hi diazman,

can you time the stutter to be a one split second crackle exactly once every 65 seconds?

does removing the Battery Pack and then using mains power only make audio stutter disappear?

Only then the new BIOS version 3FCN17WW64 will fix your audio problem!

What version is your Y460p... CPU, GPU, OS version, BIOS version etc.

There is no download link for BIOS ! ..... PM sent.

Zehn

msuscorpio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,346
Message 27 of 117

Re: workaround for y460p/y560p sound stutter

I have received requests for the BIOS revision by quite a few people.  So to avoid having to send an email each time, I am posting a link to the revision.  I don't know if Lenovo will remove this link, but its worth a shot.  Remember, any tweaking of the BIOS is done at your own risk!!!

3FCN17WW64.exe

diazman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,341
Message 28 of 117

hi zehn

Ive used dpc latency checker while equipping with the battery it stutters around every 60-65 seconds. no stuttering recorded while on AC only mode. And my BIOS is 3FCN17WW.

Specifications are as follow:

IdeaPad y460p
Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2.00GHz, 4gb Ram AMD Radeon HD 6550M Series
BIOS version 3FCN19WW

Would the following effect the notebook if i were to install the new BIOS version?
nishyman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,319
Message 29 of 117

So I got the link for the BIOS flash, and Flashed it, but i still am experiencing sound stutter. Zehn, I noticed you have a 64 at the end of your BIOS version, but I don't, even after the flash. Maybe I'm flashing it to the wrong version? Would you be able to get me the 64 version?

diazman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,311
Message 30 of 117

typo on the BIOS, my BIOS is 19WW instead of 17 on the top line

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors