Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Administrator
Views: 948
Message 61 of 117

Re: SOLVED_Y460p/Y560p Sound drop out once every 65 sec

Zehnsteine,

Thanks for your help - I am sure that many appreciate your efforts here.

All,

A couple quick points...

1) The mods are removing email not to stop you guys from sharing files, but as part of our normal policy of not having public emails - we have trouble with spammers here as it is and want to protect our community members as much as possible. Please use private messages to exchange email.

2) If you download and apply a Lenovo BIOS from our support site, that does not void your warranty.  If you apply a BIOS of unknown origin obtained from a 3rd party site and have trouble with it, or trouble results from it's installation, that is not a Lenovo warranty situation.  

3) We are looking into the discussion here and appreciate the observations that have been shared...

Best regards,

Mark

Thestingray
Paper Tape
Views: 928
Message 62 of 117

Re: workaround for y460p/y560p sound stutter

Thanks Zehnsteine for your help and the link to the other thread. I have done what others did in the other thread but I'm still getting these stutters randomly. There's something with the power saver and balanced power plans that causes my CPU usage to spike up to 100% and that's where my laptop stutters

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 923
Message 63 of 117

@ Mark_Lenovo

Hi Mark,

where should Y460p / Y560p owners obtain another BIOS to fix the sound dropout issue

caused by defective BIOS vers 3FCN19WW presently installed on their machines?

Please advice!

At present there is no BIOS available for download on Lenovo IdeaPad Y460p / Y560p Drivers & Downloads site:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=611900

Best regards... Zehn

Former Administrator
Views: 909
Message 64 of 117

Zehnsteine,

Good question!   As you note (I checked yesterday when I posted) there is no updated BIOS available for download for these system on our support site.   

We can work with appropriate teams to get a latest version provided for download, but I'd like to get an example system to test for this issue and then try to get a copy of the BIOS you have provided others here to test.   

Thanks!

Mark

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 868
Message 65 of 117

@Mark_Lenovo

Hi Mark,

great Smiley Happy, this sounds like there might be a BIOS available for the Y460p/Y560p from Lenovo support in the near future,

could you also consider the possibility to enable the AES-NI feature in this upcoming BIOS... PLEASE.

BTW... BIOS version 3FCN17WW64 and relevant personal information sent.

Best regards... Zehn

wschan
Paper Tape
Views: 832
Message 66 of 117

Re: workaround for y460p/y560p sound stutter

I'm facing a problem to install 3FCN17WW64 in my laptop.

Please refer the below pictures

http://imageshack.us/f/718/39535065.jpg/

my laptop is very slow, it needs more than 2 minutes to start up the windows xp.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/86307575.jpg/

KabkaCaana
Paper Tape
Views: 815
Message 67 of 117

I tried to use that Bios but im still getting the latency drop-outs. is there a way to get back the original bios i had? there are no bios's on the lenovo site for y560p

s3v3n
Punch Card
Views: 804
Message 68 of 117

Re: unSOLVED_Y460p/Y560p Sound drop out once every 65 sec

intel does not know how to fix the upper from the lower flange from beeing on low power or high power usage. This is the SMI stuttering we do get. Means in fact, uncontinouges effects during any OP we do. The movie streams do. But without an perfect calculator as an intel cpu or amd is like to, that does not work. ACPI is a system to a computer normaly without interruptions as known from the older DOS Computers. The point is to get it working without Interruption. Currently it does not work. Processes are well done, but with stucking. Turning the cpu to not well known settings does fit the problem. Even Windows does benfit from that. In fact it means to overclock an device ... not the cpu. each mobo is fitted with it's chipset - that is the goal - to reach each component within it's time -
[ - Leno Z360 - 8gig green DDR3 @1.3V - 180gig OCZ SSD - currently an i7-640M arrandale CPU - W7x64Pro - usable @ nearly 5 hours - ]
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 769
Message 69 of 117

Hi...

@TheStingray,

please try to troubleshoot your sound stutter issue a little further...

download 'LatencyMon' analyzer tool (does not support Windows XP)close all running programs,

go off-line, disable anti-virus software and firewall, switch off WLAN with the little switch on front of laptop,

then in 'Lenovo Energy Management' select High Performance, under Display and System tab set

everything to Never and Maximum CPU Speed to High...

next do run LatencyMon until the stutter occurs and then look up what was causing it.

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Note... this is a rather complex tool, so I suggest you to read all the information and explanation

offered on the website.

@Wschan,

obviously BIOS version 3FCN17WW64 can possibly be flashed running a 64 bit Windows only.

I had installed Win XP-32 bit for a short time only, it seemed not to work well on my Y560p,

so I returned rueful back to W7-64 bit.

How about the workaround I suggested previously to you?

Maybe better to start a new 'Y560p & Win XP-32' topic thread.

@ KabkaCaana,

I assume before flashing the BIOS you tested your Y560p without battery pack attached and on mains

power only and the single split-second sound dropout once every 65 seconds did not happen then.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/workaround-for-y460p-y560p-sound-stutter/m-p/...

What version was your original BIOS and what version BIOS did you flash?

Why do you want to roll back to the previous BIOS?

May test further with 'LatencyMon'... see above.

Good Luck... Zehn

diazman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 718
Message 70 of 117

Looking forward to a BIOS update. haha. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors