Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markdunlap
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,013
Message 1 of 8

y460p - Critical Boot / Wake Up Issue

Hello All,

Just received my lenovo ideapad y460p and whenever I shut down the computer, or put the computer in sleep / hibernation mode the only way I can restart it is by removing the battery, unplugging the power cord, inserting the battery and plugging it back in.

At first I thought it was a bug with the hibernation function so I disabled it via the command prompt. However the issue continues.

I consulted Lenovo support via their instant message chat function but they were unable to diagnose the issue and directed me to the warranty support phone number, suggesting "one key recovery." I assume that means a system restore and hope there is a better solution than resetting the laptop to factory defaults as a first step.

Please let me know if there are any suggestions or if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Thanks!

Mark

Dollmaker
SCSI Port
Views: 988
Message 2 of 8

Re: y460p - Critical Boot / Wake Up Issue

One Key Recovery is not system restore.. its reinstalling windows :/ which is not cool if u have loaded some softwares.. well u said its a new laptop.. so do one key and see if it kills the issue.. if not call them again..

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 964
Message 3 of 8

I really hate suggesting updating the BIOS, but it's either that, or a hardware issue with the charging circuit.

Honestly, if you can afford a short turnaround (that's what it is in Canada, don't know about the states), give the warranty hotline a call, express your concern that it's a brand new unit, and see what they can do for you. You might be able to do a direct exchange.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
markdunlap
Blue Screen Again
Views: 952
Message 4 of 8

Talked to warranty support again - great suggestion! Sending this one back, getting a new one. They were pushing for a repair job, but I think direct exchange is the way to go.

Thanks again!

ducatisteve
Fanfold Paper
Views: 926
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for posting the thread. I receive my Y460P tomorrow and now I will at least know what direction to go in should I face the same issue.
Former Administrator
Views: 922
Message 6 of 8

markdunlap,

Please post back on whether you have the same issue with replacement.

There were some glitches with trouble coming out of suspend that were addressed with BIOS updates on other models - the Y460 and Y560, and there is a similar sounding issue on Z460 that I believe we are looking into.

I've not heard about this on the "p" models, but it's possible, so please let us know if this re-occurs on the replacement.

Mark

markdunlap
Blue Screen Again
Views: 850
Message 7 of 8

Hi Again,

Got the replacement ideapad today and everything is working great - sleep, hibernate, power off.

Sales guys were very understanding once they understood the problem and my hesitation to get a brand new laptop repaired instead of being replaced (even got a BETTER deal than the already great deal on the y460p!). Tens across the board!

Mark

PS

I tried looking around for a bios or hardware update before shipping the first laptop back but wasn't able to find any. Thanks for the suggestion though Smiley Happy

xandercheng
Blue Screen Again
Views: 691
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I recieved Ideapad Y460 recently and I am facing the same suspend issue, pls kindly assist to guide me on

the solutions to the problem.

Rdgs,

Xander

Top Kudoed Authors