Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcfatty_22
Paper Tape
Views: 295
Message 1 of 3

y470p Can you check your label???

Hi,

I just got a y470p and when I look at the label on the bottom it says y470.  Not only that, when I put in my serial number, it leads to a page for y470, not y470p.  For y470p owners, can you tell me what your label says?  Does it say y470p and when you look up your serial number on the drivers page, does it take you to y470, or y470p? 

I'm starting to think somehow lenovo sent me a y470. 

Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 284
Message 2 of 3

Re: y470p Can you check your label???

Hi McFatty,

please go to  Start > Run > type msinfo32 > OK

look up in System Information what model you have...

I am also curious to learn how many hours your shiny new Y470p can run on battery,

please post findings... Zehn

mcfatty_22
Paper Tape
Views: 271
Message 3 of 3

Re: y470p Can you check your label???

I only had it for a week. Unfortunately I sent it back because ee boot optimizer messed things up.  Got me stuck in a startup recovery loop. I got out of it with last known good config then tried to do one key recovery which wouldn't work.  Ended up getting recovery disks, used them, and found it had different drivers than the y470p  the disks were for y470.  Because my serial number led to y470 not y470p.  Things were different, it even seemed to run hotter.  I sent it back and I'm still waiting for my new y470p. 

When I get it, I will try what you suggested.  Thanks.

I just remembered I posted questions about battery life a few weeks ago.  I found that I could get about 5 hours with intel graphics, decent brightness about 3 or 4 bars out of 8 bars filled, and wifi on.  It seemed pretty decent considering I've got a 4 year old dell with a 9 cell that lasts about 2.5 hours.   I may get another battery, but for now it seemed fine.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors