Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcolino86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,379
Message 1 of 12

y50-70 4k lcd panel replacement - yellow issue

Hi guys,

It has been 4 months since I bought my y50 with 4k display and still no solution for the yellow issue. I tried to call support and also to send it back and change it with the full HD model without any success as I bought it from john lewis store.

I'm really disappointed about all the support system..I'm going to fix it by myself.

Does anybody know where can I get a 4k compatible LCD panel replacement online??

Thanks loads
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,324
Message 2 of 12

Re: y50-70 4k lcd panel replacement - yellow issue

Hi Marcolino86,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with yellow display in your  Lenovo Y50-70 laptop

Try o boot into BIOS and check for the issue, also try to boot the system in safe mode and check for the issue, as you have mentioned that the LCD was replaced, was the LCD cable replaced.

Also try to set the performance mode in energy management and check if there are any changes in the display.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

marcolino86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,318
Message 3 of 12

Hello

The answer must be given from a bot as it has absolutely no sense.

1st I never said that I replaced the LCD

2nd checking the bios and safe mode has no technical sense

The yellow issue is the one which the display shows the yellow color very dark, almost like mustard color.

Thanks anyway

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,282
Message 4 of 12

hi marcolino86,

Thanks for being civil and sorry to hear about your trouble.

Besides the SAMSUNG, 15.6 inch, LTN156FL02-L01 screen that's being used on the Y50-70  (see page 93 of the Y50-70 HMM), the only compatible UHD (3840×2160) panel that I've found is the SHARP, 15.6 inch, LQ156D1JX01 which uses the same Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) 4 lanes signal type but I haven't seen one went with this upgrade.

- List of 15.6" 3840x2160 displays

Seing that you have the Y50-70 FHD model, you will also need to change the eDP cable to support UHD if you're planning to go for the upgrade.

- Link to picture

Alternatively, you may also want to consider doing what others users did on their Y50 FHD model where they changed the stock TN display to an IPS display (see this thread

- Sample video

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

marcolino86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,278
Message 5 of 12

Hi Neokenchi

Thank you very much for your detailed post

I don't mind to replace the display with a 1080p, just want to double check with you if my 4k model is compatible with a 1080p IPS panel like the ones on the guide?

I really appreciate your help

Best
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,273
Message 6 of 12

hi there,

I haven't seen a user downgrade their Y50 UHD screen to FHD but I don't see why that wouldn't work as long you:

1. Use a 30 pin eDP connector for the FHD screen (the UHD uses 40pins).

- Sample image (UHD screen)

- Sample image (FHD screen)

2. Use a compatible FHD screen as discussed in this thread.

Regards

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

marcolino86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,253
Message 7 of 12

Hi there

I have read the entire thread you linked on the post above..
I took two pics of my laptop connector

http://imgur.com/N4hWyVZ
http://imgur.com/UPigr3H

My model has 4k display with a connector which looks like an lvds but someone think is eDP (also Intel HD management software says is EDP), you can see there are 40 pins, the label says it is a lvds but it is technically impossible because this protocol cannot reach that uhd resolution. There is so much confusion and the panels on the market are really difficult to find and expensive.

This is really frustrating..

I'm a graphic designer..it is impossible to work with this laptop!
LeadFeathers
Paper Tape
Views: 7,192
Message 8 of 12

Hi Marcolino,

Did you ever see this issue resolved?  I'm having the same problems with my recently bought UHD Y50.  Colors are not reproduced properly no matter what I do to tweak the color profiles.

I'm hoping to do a UHD-to-FHD screen replacement but I'm not finding anyone who has done a downgrade successfully.  Even a UHD-to-UHD would work.

marcolino86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,182
Message 9 of 12

Hello mate

Unfortunately I had to sell the laptop because this colours problem. I couldn't find any suppliers able to find a compatible replacement. It's basically not fixable because many reasons eg. Connector flat pitch, brackets position, connector type. I have found this VVX16T029D00 which it might be compatible, nobody have tested it and I actually don't think it's worth it. I bought a MacBook pro retina! They are expensive for a good reason Smiley Wink

Best luck dude
LeadFeathers
Paper Tape
Views: 7,164
Message 10 of 12

Ah well glad you were able to find a suitable replacement :-)
Thanks a bunch!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors