Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sefaltay
What's DOS?
Views: 1,874
Message 1 of 8

y50-70 Battery & Charger malfunction, power&battery blinks at the same time

I got the exact same problem below stated by someone else before which is still unsolved.

"Every time I plug in my charger to my Y50 it doesnt recognize the charger is in. Then, after say, 30 seconds it recognizes it and charges, but then after 1 minute of charging it says on my desktop the performance might be affected if the adapeter cant provide enough charge. Which is crazy according to the fact that my adapter is the one that came with my Y50. Whenever it says "Performance will be ...blah blah..." it stops charging and the power button, power LED indicator light, and battery LED indicator light start blinking in sync with each other. I have tried restarting, shutting down, unlug adapter replug adapter turn back on, but the same problem ensues. Any ideas?? This problem makes it very hard to play games and charge my laptop. "

Besides that there is an error at the same time called: "Adaptor has limited support"

Any help will be appreciated, please help me...

CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 1,861
Message 2 of 8

Re: y50-70 Battery & Charger malfunction, power&battery blinks at the same time

Hi sefaltay,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Please provide the following information to narrow down the issue:

1- Your machine MTM (Machine Type and Model) you can find it at the lable back of your machine 

2- The power adapter voltage (90w 65w ???)

Regards, 

sefaltay
What's DOS?
Views: 1,842
Message 3 of 8

MTM: 59432245

AC Adapter model: ADL135NLC3A

it sais that output: 20V, 6.75A which is (if I do the math correct P=V.i)

CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 1,831
Message 4 of 8

Well ,

This issue will occur just if you use a 3rd party charger with a lower Wattage for instance if you will use a 90w AC adapter this error message will pop up to inform you the input charge is lower than what the Laptop need as your machine need a 135w AC adapter. 

Based on provided information, you are using original AC adapter and it should not be the wattage issue.

In this case depending on your Windows you can do following:

1- From energy management software in windows 8 or companion software in windows 10 do the battery gauge reset by plug in the AC adapter to the machine and do not turn off the machine for at least 7-8 hours. 

This fix will do the battery calibration. IF after gauge reset still facing same issue try second step. 

2-Update your BIOS version to the latest one from link below: 

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-noteboo...

If still issue not resolved that means your AC adapter got some issue and out put wattage is less than 135w so it should be change. 

Regards,

**If the issue has been resolved please, mark me as solution provided to help others find the solution easily and click the Kudos.**

sefaltay
What's DOS?
Views: 1,827
Message 5 of 8

I updated BIOS last night, I reinstall energy manager.

My adapter is the originial one which comes with laptop and has(or now supposed to has) 135watt output.

The thing is, since laptop does not recognize adapter immediately, I dont think it will last for 7-8 hours period of battery gauge.

CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 1,822
Message 6 of 8

Before doing gauge reset unplug the AC adapter and take out the battery from the machine then press the power button and hold it for 10 second. 

Again, put the battery back and plug in the AC adapter and try to do gauge reset. If unsuccessful most probably AC adapter should be change. 

Regards, 

extremal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,741
Message 7 of 8

So here is my story . I have a y50-70 and it had preinstalled windows 8.1 . Then after some time it forced me to update to Windows 10 . Windows 10 update broken video drivers and i had decided to reinstall clean copy of windows 10 from usb flash storage. After clean install of win 10 , my battery shown as empty and power managed does not want to start . Clean install of windows 8.1 and restore to initial state(win 8.1 preinstalled by Lenovo) does not solve that battery state

artsid
What's DOS?
Views: 1,483
Message 8 of 8

I have the same exact problem. I think Lenovo is just trying to make extra money. This is the last thing I bought from Lenovo. Sony use to do stuff like this and look where are they now. I'm going to give my money to Dell from here on.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors