Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dendo151
Paper Tape
Views: 414
Message 1 of 5

y50 70 dispaly is showing previous images even after reboot

I have  Y50 70 Touchscreen, and it started to show closed windows in the background.  Even after a reboot, the images still show though.  i've updated the graphic card drivers to try to fix it, but no luck.

Any suggestions? or is it hardware issue?

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 391
Message 2 of 5

Re: y50 70 dispaly is showing previous images even after reboot

I dont understand your issue cleary but it may be a display burn in or also be bad VRAM(both of them are hardware problems)...... Does it look like that even in early startup & bios.....check and report back

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
dendo151
Paper Tape
Views: 377
Message 3 of 5

Yes, previous windows are still partially displayed.  However, the images do change over time.  Current application windows are partially transparent.

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 369
Message 4 of 5

If the images change over time then its a display problem knows screen ghosting or burn in.... u can google it for that..... normally displaying an pure white image in nfull screen for 1 hour might reduce this but wont fix...... For sure u might have to swap the display..... Smiley Happy

Thanks

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
dendo151
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 5 of 5

WTH....Not very pleased with Lenovo.  Sent laptop in over a week ago.  Contacted support for a status, becuase the part is back order, there is no ETA on when the part will come in, thus no ETA on getting the laptop returned. 

Why do i have to call to check on the status, if it was a good customer support, shouldn't i have gotten an email on status update?

At what point do I need to get a new laptop?  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors