Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanset
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,943
Message 1 of 3

y50-70 temperatures

Hello everyone, I've had my lenovo y50-70 for a few days and i've been using it a lot lately. After some time I noticed that my temperatures increased substantially. What worries me the most is that my idle temps on balanced mode (energy manager) are around 50-60 used to be around 40-46~ like 2 days ago and I literally dont have anything in the background. When I switch to max performance mode my temps don't even increase!! Same with CPU usage - weird.

http://imgur.com/F2ZWJct,Ki6xWdt,xbQ13dV

Three screenshots in three different modes.

When I try playing a game that isn't that demanding but I play it on ultra my temps peak at 70C ~ not more. 

Thanks for help.

scart35
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,921
Message 2 of 3

Re: y50-70 temperatures

I have exactly the same problem as you.

I have mine around six months and first month or two temps were fine (it was june/july so room temp. was rather high). But nowdays mine idle temps are around 50/54. Back then when i was browsing I could not hear the fan at all but now. its like always on.But congrats to your temps at load. Mine can go up to 95C when playing some demanding game.

Vanset
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,910
Message 3 of 3

Re: y50-70 temperatures

Solved. . . Believe it or not but I actually had a virus spyware on my laptop. It would scan my pc in the background and that's why my CPU had high temps - everywthing works ok now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors