Did you mean: 
Highlighted
smarthacker67
Paper Tape
Views: 1,158
Message 1 of 4

y50-70 touchpad issue unable to install elan drivers

Hi,

i am facing a strange problem from last few months(my multifingure touch,scrolling etc every action from utility is not working). i have touchpad of elan but system detects it as synaptics always. whenever i am trying to install new driver or reinstall (via system update or by direct running setup ) system always ended up installing synaptics driver.
my touchpad and keyboard was replaced for issue with right click and the previous part was having touchpad from synaptics along with windows 8.1. after replacing that part i have updated to winodws 10. Lenovo enineers have also visited for same issue but no luck they tried updating bios,removing and installing new driver several times and later ended up chnaging the keyboard and touch pad with new one but still no luck.
again same issue this time also they have replaced with elan touch pad but sytem always detects it as synaptics. can you help me ?

currently i have unistaaled every driver and working on windows driver.

making it difficult for me to use scrolling ,multitouch etc.

Thanks

bytor1221
What's DOS?
Views: 1,093
Message 2 of 4

Re: y50-70 touchpad issue unable to install elan drivers

Your replaced touchpad is more than likely a synaptics touchpad.  I had the same problem, and my original touchpad was an ELAN.  The synaptics touchpad included in the replacement service part is garbage.  I have contacted Lenovo no less than 20 times to get this resloved, and they keep sending synaptics touchpads.  Tonight, I broke down and put my Y50-70 up for sale on ebay and purchased a new laptop.  I have been trying to resolve this issue with Lenovo since April of 2015.  I have had Lenovo machines for many years.  Never had any problems.  This unit which cost 1200.00 has been a problem since day one, and lenovo hasn't done anything to remidy the issues.  I am no longer a Lenovo customer.  

smarthacker67
Paper Tape
Views: 1,086
Message 3 of 4

Well nonetheless but windows 10's major update realesed last month did resolve my problem. Now system detecting touchpad correctly and everything is working properly.
smarthacker67
Paper Tape
Views: 758
Message 4 of 4

major update try installing sriver forcefully.
Final working fix
https://gameronline.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/how-to-forcefully-install-drivers/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors