12-02-2018 04:30 AM
suddenly i'm suffering of BSOD like VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR after less that a minute i'm playing game or freeze or total block of 3d application an quit (games and also test with FurMark). I suffer also with DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE during unistall drivers. I tested many solution I thought a Nvidia GPU hardware issue but right now verified that all problems appear only if i have my power supply not if i'm using only battery!
Lenovo Diagnostics Tool during stress test with second-to-last driver (13 nov 2018) report error only if i'm using power supply not if i use battery!
FurMark same have not problem using battery but freeze with squares or quit directly with power supply.
I reinstalled too windows 10.
Right now i'm thinking to blame my 3 years old power supply. Any suggestions? Advice? What verify?
12-02-2018 04:46 PM
Hi Riskio! Welcome to our forums community. With the error message Video Scheduler Internal Error this means that the issue is with the display adapter of your PC. Could you try the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors.
Driver Power State Failure errors are usually caused by a computer or device driver going into sleep mode while you’re still using the device. Windows would send a wake signal to the device once it is needed and if the device doesn’t respond in time or at all, Windows flags a Driver Power State Failure error. The error can be caused either by the driver itself or power settings.
Could try the steps below:
1. Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound and Device Manager.
2. Select your Network adapter and/or Display adapter.
3. Right click, select ‘Update Driver Software and Search automatically…’.
4. Reboot your computer and check if the issue persist.
%5. You also have an option to run the update from Lenovo Vantage app. You can download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivotverviewtab. Install all available updates and retest.
Update us with the result.
12-03-2018 03:11 AM
- I had windows 10 installed since 2015 with never problem with BSOD, 2 day ago while playing some hours i saw starting video problems quit freeze, quit and BSOD. I have modified nothing in last 10 days.
- i reinstalled a clean windows 10 having same issue;
- i tried memtest with no errors;
-i tried a chkdsk/f/r in entire my ssd disk with no error;
- no a single 3d application game or test like furmark work if not for 10-15 sec max before suffer a blue screen, freeze o quit of app. This happen IF i've my dc power adapter connected. Same error does not happen if i left my notebook connected only with battery. I tried also unplug battery with same result. I also repasted CPU and GPU with high quality product.
I'm pretty sure that issue is caused by faulty nvidia GPU dedicated card or by a dc power adapter broken or that cannot guarantee enough power. This only after 3 years. First case my laptop is useless, secondo case i'll solve with a new dc power adapter that i'll receive in some days...
12-03-2018 03:58 AM
Hey there, riski0!
We recommend bringing the laptop to a service provider https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (filter by country/city) and check for a complete diagnosis/repair service.
12-03-2018 04:00 AM - edited 12-03-2018 04:08 AM
i'm out warranty and i need this laptop for work. If my GPU is broken is more fast buy a new, if it is only dc power supply i'm safe.
i only need a technical or an expert that confirm me or not if my hypothesis is correct / plausible or not
12-03-2018 04:52 AM
It would still be best to bring the laptop to Lenovo service provider and check for a complete diagnosis, so that you can also confirm if this is a GPU or AC Adapter concern. Alternatively, you can consult a 3rd party computer technician for a second opinion.
12-03-2018 08:00 AM - edited 12-03-2018 08:01 AM
I'll update this topic if i'll solve with a replace of an AC power adapter in some days, it can be usefull for other users.
If not i'll have to disable Nvidia GPU dedicated card via BIOS. I won't spend an euro for technical assistance because if issue is my Nvidia GPU dedicated card mean replace motherboard, cpu, gpu plus pay labour time. Basically a new laptop! In this case is more cheap buy one new!
Anyway very disappointed like this laptop is damaged after only 3 years!
12-04-2018 10:28 AM
So i'm pretty sure these BSODs with VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR mean hardware issue basically a broken Nvidia GPU. I tried a new AP power adapter without any solution. Now i suffer it also if try to reinstall NVIDIA drivers too after a fresh reinstallation! I can only disable Nvidia GPU card via BIOS. Anyway without a dedicated card this laptop is useless for me.
I bought this Y50-70 it in finish of 2015:
- I suffer after 5-6 months of flickering and blinking like many topics report here, i solved it after 1 year only replacing flat lcd-motherboard cable. My bad error do not return immediately this faulty laptop. I'm not only that suffer this issee.
- After it with Windows 10 Anniversary Update release started issue with intel integrated cause bad driver support solved only after months.
- Now after only 3 years my GPU Nvidia dedicated card is gone.
Totally disapponted with this Lenovo laptop. I won't buy another Lenovo. Bye bye!
12-13-2018 06:04 PM
Hey man im using the same laptop and the same problem happend to me year ago i tried everything but couldn't work
i lost hope after that i bought new asus rog laptop and till now no problems
let me know if you find any idea to make it work
12-14-2018 07:35 AM