Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keanutheskunk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,177
Message 1 of 29

y50 touch elan touchpad

I recently had my touchpad replaced through warranty with you guys i have been trying to get my touchpad gestures back up and working. When i check the ELAN settings in the mouse properties the options button is greyed out. I have the latest driver installed as well as i have uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm at a lost and would like to be able to utilize my touchpad the way i used to.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,140
Message 2 of 29

Re: y50 touch elan touchpad

Hi Keanutheskunk,

Welcome to the Forums

As per the query we understood that you facing issue with touchpad in your Lenovo Y50 laptop.

As you have mentioned that the mouse properties are graded out, as you have also mentioned that the driver has been reinstalled hence suggest you to reinstall the operating system and check for the issue.

Before reinstalling the operating system please take a data backup.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

keanutheskunk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,136
Message 3 of 29

The software is a fresh os my hard drive was dying as well so they switched
it out.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,114
Message 4 of 29

Hi Keanutheskunk,

After switching the hard drive is the touchpad working?, now is the mouse properties visible in the elan setting, if after the reinstalling operating system the issue occurs, please uninstall the driver and restart the machine and then reinstall the driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the touchpad driver for windows 8.1.

Click here for the touchpad driver for windows 7.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

keanutheskunk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,105
Message 5 of 29

Well my problem isnt the touchpad responding its that it does not do any gestures such as the two finger scroll or edge swipes to pull up charms or to switch recent apps. i have no way to enable it either. When i go into Control Panel > Hardware and sound > mouse > elan tab. it shows the the mouse pointing device is a standard PS/2 mouse and does not allow me to click on options it is grey out.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,096
Message 6 of 29

@keanutheskunk wrote:

Well my problem isnt the touchpad responding its that it does not do any gestures such as the two finger scroll or edge swipes to pull up charms or to switch recent apps. i have no way to enable it either. When i go into Control Panel > Hardware and sound > mouse > elan tab. it shows the the mouse pointing device is a standard PS/2 mouse and does not allow me to click on options it is grey out.

Try going to Device Manager and see if there is a "Lenovo pointing device" entry. If no, then do as Ashwin_Lenovo suggested. You need to install the correct driver. Also do not connect an external mouse (see if this will help solve your problem if there is an external mouse connected).

keanutheskunk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,089
Message 7 of 29

I have the latest elan and it does show it in device manager but I still can't get and gestures to work
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,081
Message 8 of 29

@keanutheskunk wrote:
I have the latest elan and it does show it in device manager but I still can't get and gestures to work

If you have the elan driver appearing in device manager then why do you have ps/2 appearing in the mouse properties?

keanutheskunk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,068
Message 9 of 29

I have no clue. But that is what is showing and it is not allowing me to adjust any gestures or characteristics is the mouse
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,064
Message 10 of 29

@keanutheskunk wrote:
I have no clue. But that is what is showing and it is not allowing me to adjust any gestures or characteristics is the mouse

Is this what you get for the mouse properties?

disable touchpad.JPG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors